so you drove all the way from Maine... you my friend are a retard.

neonkiller

His car was missing vents everywhere, holes down to the metal on the floorboards paint was fucked up everywhere. Looks like and smelled like a dog lived in it. every latch was broken on everything.

Headrests were missing. One side mirror was missing.

this is usually what comes to mind when vw is brought up. good luck finding one without dog stank tho

Shanton, you're a stand up guy for giving him $50, but I wouldn't have done that. I'd have just said have a nice day. Sucks that people are that dumb.

I would have done the same.

I had the same thing happen when I went to get my Integra...sort of. I drove all the way to Indiana damn near to meet this guy. He sent me pictures of the teg lowered and sitting on LS meshies, looked real clean. I show up and its tonka truck status riding on 15in steelies that have beauty rings. Whatever I still wanted the car, he starts going around my super clean eg coupe and talking shit. There was no rust, dents, scratches, nothing on my car. It had an H22 in it and I was giving him an extra set of seats.

After trying to talk shit to me, I started in on him. I asked him where the suspension and rims went, and where the hell did the scratch and dent on passenger side come from? He got all defensive and told me he wasn't interested in trading. I was alright with that so I let him and his princess Fiona looking wife take their happy asses back to Indiana...

3 weeks later I got a pm on Ohiohondas from a kid asking if I wanted to trade for a 4dr teg. I went to Cambridge to find out that he had traded cars with the dude in Indiana and I was getting the 4dr I had went and looked at lol.

I know great story right, maybe i'll tell it again someday

i wouldnt have given him the fiddy

Hahaha I wouldn't have given him the $50 even and schooled him on the crap ;).

What a moron.

Nice thing to do for sure, but that was totally his fault for not telling you that shit.

Shanton, you're a stand up guy for giving him $50, but I wouldn't have done that. I'd have just said have a nice day. Sucks that people are that dumb.

Id of told that sucker to roll out

Should have asked him where the car he was supposed to bring was. You gave him $50 ? Really ? I want $10 just for being here.

It's Karma man. Buy a bike not a car.

Screw that I would have given him a dollar and said have a nice day. haha

These ^

I would have sent him packing on his own dime. Maybe he should have sent pics of the car in it's true condition instead of trying to pull a fast one.

I have traded more than probably anyone else on this board. I have run into a lot of fools, but no one mis-represented their car. That is shitty and would have required money or a swift kick in the nuts. I did have one no-show, but other than that I have been golden.

I have always asked people to bring extra cash in case the deal requires it, though. People's ideas of condition can be subjective and that does suck. I am sorry to hear he wasted your time.