hahaha...USC...hahaha...breathe...hahahaha

TimTaylor751647545500

The penalties include the loss of 30 football scholarships over three years and vacating 14 victories in which Bush played from December 2004 through the 2005 season.

So, since these games happened in the PAST, how the hell do you vacate their victories? Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't change anything at the current date or punish them for this season or the next few seasons.

Why punish future athletes by taking away scholarships? I agree with taking away wins and championships and bans from bowl games but why take away scholarships from a student that could potentially go to USC.

I'm going to have to agree with this. I mean, if I was a 5 star football recruit I would be dead set on going to OSU, it would be my dream. If I was denied that, or at least denied a bowl game because of what someone did years BEFORE I got there, I would be kind of pissed. Also take into consideration the fact that the benefits Bush received didn't benefit him ON the field.

if I was a 5 star football recruit I would be dead set on going to OSU

Semantics, but if you were a 5 star recruit, you WOULD be going to OSU. It's a bunch of 3 star recruits that are going to get jobbed, man. The top guys in the country will still be going where they want to go, trust me.

They're appealing the haters. I know many people would love to see USC go down as hard as possible if for no other reason other than they are fans of teams that lose to USC. However, being realistic and having followed this for quite some time (becuz, yes, as some of you know, I'm from S.Cali and a big fan of USC), the punishment does not fit the crime. I'm still disappointed as all fuck, of course. :mad:

Semantics, but if you were a 5 star recruit, you WOULD be going to OSU. It's a bunch of 3 star recruits that are going to get jobbed, man. The top guys in the country will still be going where they want to go, trust me.

Well true. Let me rephrase...if I was a D1 caliber football recruit and had the opportunity to go to my dream school (for me it would be OSU), and I would be getting penalized for what a student did when I didn't even go there...yeah I would be pissed. Regardless of if I was a top recruit and could go somewhere else or not.

They're appealing the haters. I know many people would love to see USC go down as hard as possible if for no other reason other than they are fans of teams that lose to USC. However, being realistic and having followed this for quite some time (becuz, yes, as some of you know, I'm from S.Cali and a big fan of USC), the punishment does not fit the crime. I'm still disappointed as all fuck, of course. :mad:

How do you figure? Other programs have gotten equal punishment for less serious offenses. Though I guess the ones I'm thinking of are mainly basketball related

Texas A&M got a very similar punishment for a very similar crime a few years back. I don't think they are being particularly unfair to USC.

the punishment USC is getting/got is what the NCAA did to The University of Miami, Remember a few years ago when The University of Miami dominated for a decade or more and then just fell off the map? its because they got punished for the exact reasons that USC is getting punished for now, so in about 10+ years USC will start winning again until then its gonna be boring/disappointing for the USC fans

the punishment USC is getting/got is what the NCAA did to The University of Miami, Remember a few years ago when The University of Miami dominated for a decade or more and then just fell off the map? its because they got punished for the exact reasons that USC is getting punished for now, so in about 10+ years USC will start winning again until then its gonna be boring/disappointing for the USC fans

Correct USC should actually get it worse for the infractions of both the football and basketball teams. The AD is a ratard and should be fired as well.

Old bitch boy Pete ran for the hills when he knew the law was coming and screwed over the school and his players. Oh well he will be out of the pros in 4 years or less since he can't buy those guys off.

Correct USC should actually get it worse for the infractions of both the football and basketball teams. The AD is a ratard and should be fired as well.

Old bitch boy Pete ran for the hills when he knew the law was coming and screwed over the school and his players. Oh well he will be out of the pros in 4 years or less since he can't buy those guys off.

ESPN's Mark May has the scoop on USC's Athletic Director, and what he says is he'll be gone by the fall

ESPN's Mark May has the scoop on USC's Athletic Director, and what he says is he'll be gone by the fall

For a second I thought you said Mark May would be gone by the fall. I hate the drunk mother fucker, he is the reason I turn off ESPN college football coverage. I guess he can still swing from Florida's nuts, wait no...

The should have Mark May and Lou Holtz fight to the death and then let Trev Alberts shoot the winner in the face and have that show to himself.

Trev Alberts is a douche too. He won't have anywhere to run now that his Huskers are going to be getting run by the top three in the big ten every year.

Reggie Bush was paid to play, essentially. His parents got a new house and some other things, I'm not sure of the specifics.

Somthing to remember is that they will still have their national championship, and Reggie will still have the Heisman. Those things arent controlled by the NCAA.