Initial D live action?

Science Abuse

Yes I have, came out quite a few years ago, and its terrible. Its also Chinese produced, and stars a Taiwanese pop star who can't act. They also butchered the story, and made asses of some characters who weren't before. Its worth watching, but only to see how terrible it is.

Yes I have, came out quite a few years ago, and its terrible. Its also Chinese produced, and stars a Taiwanese pop star who can't act. They also butchered the story, and made asses of some characters who weren't before. Its worth watching, but only to see how terrible it is.

C'mon now...at least it isn't as bad as this...

I think I have told this story quite a few times on this board, but after my dad died I didn't give 2 shits about cars or automobiles, and Initial D is what got me back into automobiles and racing. I have a strong connection to the story over the 4 Stages and the characters, and really cringed at some of the stuff the Chinese movie did. Now, I haven't watched anime in years at this point, grew out of it and shifted my views toward other Japanese media (music, namely), but the changes they made in the story were so significant that I just can't call it a good film. They decided to pick and choose major plot points from the first three stages and cobble them together to make a story that ultimately doesn't make much sense. Not to mention the horrible rap soundtrack.

That movie is hilariously awful. It's even better if you download the fansubbed version. About halfway through the movie the engrish-english translator gave up and left the japanese-engrish translator to fend for himself.

"Send the brightness above!"