where to find circuit boards

AJ

i am looking for drilled circuit board like this

http://rsk.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pRS1C-2265164w345.jpg

but it needs to be 15" x 15" so i can cut to size what i want to make out of it. does anyone know where to find something like that in that size?

You are looking for a breadboard, and yes, Radio Shack is the place to be.

Unless something has changed in recent years, he wants a pre-drilled hobby PCB or busboard. Breadboards are only for mocking up stuff typically,and not for duty use. They just have small holes in which you push wires and small components into.

*ducks*

You are looking for a breadboard, and yes, Radio Shack is the place to be.

You disappoint me, master Jedi.

Unless something has changed in recent years, he wants a pre-drilled hobby PCB or busboard. Breadboards are only for mocking up stuff typically,and not for duty use. They just have small holes in which you push wires and small components into.

*ducks*

Don't worry, you're right. This time.

You disappoint me, master Jedi.

http://thm-a02.yimg.com/nimage/4e3bcccc72665b6c

Edit: Also, why the fuck are we letting AJ off the hook here? He asked where to find a product when the fucking picture says RADIO SHACK on it. Make fun of him....

i have already been to radio shack and they don't have the size i need. i did buy the board thats in my picture to build a test panel with. now i need the full size panel to build the finial product.

i have already been to radio shack and they don't have the size i need. i did buy the board thats in my picture to build a test panel with. now i need the full size panel to build the finial product.

In all honesty, Radio shack has stopped catering to the electronics hobby enthusiast. I still get my Mouser catalog...and that is what I would recommend.

Much cheaper, so you can order a bunch of spares and other accessories as well. I also use digikey occasionally.

Between Mouser & Digikey if you can't find what you need, they don't make it.

i'm just going to have to buy a bunch of the smaller boards and glue them together to make the size i need. i need the holes to mount everything in a straight line so it looks good when its working. it will never be seen because of the cover thats going over it.

yes i know i said needs to look good but never seen, more on this project in the camaro build thread when i get all the parts together ;)

i'm just going to have to buy a bunch of the smaller boards and glue them together to make the size i need. i need the holes to mount everything in a straight line so it looks good when its working. it will never be seen because of the cover thats going over it.

yes i know i said needs to look good but never seen, more on this project in the camaro build thread when i get all the parts together ;)

Let me guess custom "lighting".

:ninja:

I'll share my .02 cents regarding electronics and an automotive enviroment:

Spend the 25$ on encapsulation/potting epoxy, spray, etc. If its a micro or low voltage setup, look into shielding at the component level -- or at very least an aluminum or plastic conductive enclosure.

EMI/RFI is a bitch.

I'll share my .02 cents regarding electronics and an automotive enviroment:

Spend the 25$ on encapsulation/potting epoxy, spray, etc. If its a micro or low voltage setup, look into shielding at the component level -- or at very least an aluminum or plastic conductive enclosure.

EMI/RFI is a bitch.

don't need to worry about that, didn't have a problem on the last car i built so i know i won't on this one either.

too small but yes. already found those.

Electronic Supply Company BR 4672 Indianola Avenue Columbus, OH 43214. Phone: (614) 263-3726

They have all of the stuff radio shack used to have and more...

If they don't have it in stock they can get it...

OR definitely going to have it but mail order...

http://www.digikey.com

I already said digikey, GTFO.

:p

Edit: Also, why the fuck are we letting AJ off the hook here? He asked where to find a product when the fucking picture says RADIO SHACK on it. Make fun of him....

Because sending someone to The Shack (as they're renamed themselves) is like telling them having Britney Spears' sloppy seconds is somehow just as good as Danica McKellar being your date to the senior prom.

Between Mouser & Digikey if you can't find what you need, they don't make it.

Digikey if you need it fast, Mouser when you need to be picky about specs (dimensions, manufacturers, tolerances, etc) or Digikey doesn't have it.