I need honest answers on nittos

Sam1647545489

The issue I am having is a 26.1" tire wont fit in the rear of the car. Nitto makes a 25.5" nitto that I think will go hence why I asked. If I cant get the 26" to fit then I gotta run a 24" hoosier. :rolleyes:

I can get anything but a hoosier on my car to hook.with the hoosier I can dead hook on a dig on the street.

And my buddy has a 95 cobra that had nittos and mh and on the street they would spin till 3rd and finally got hoosiers and now no spin on the street and he has a full race setup to front and back like me.

the new nittos are great from what i've heard. if you're looking for a tire for a car that sees mostly street duty, and light track duty, nittos are the way to go. my 555r's are just about bald, and they still dead hook in second when warm. they will incinerate in first gear, but hook good in second from a 40 roll. i was able to cut 1.75 60' times at the track and i'm a novice. when cold, they will spin at 80mph though. i've had them on my car for 3 years (roughly 7,000 miles)---bfg's and mt's/etc won't last nearly that long. my cobra makes roughly 590 to the wheels, with 575rwtq, and the tires are 315's

i also have 555r's on my GTO, and will drive them in the rain sometimes--these are the 275's. my GTO makes 375rwhp and the 275's hook very well.

i'm going to put the new track nittos on my cobra and my vette this summer

I ran these on the Maruader. They hooked about as well as I could have hoped for. Many guys who were running them on the MM's did better at the track as opposed to using normal DRs...

KillJoy

yeah but you we're planting 4000 lbs on them with a sold rear, thats a little different.. you car also dropped like .6 tenths with m/t's on it

they were like being on Ice for me...

your car is a monster and I think they will be slippery at best. The new ones Linn was talking about are supposed to be really good though, if they make a size you can use. I have heard a lot of Corvette guys saying they are using the new ones with success.

I have Nitto NT-05s on my c5z that hook pretty well actually but I am stock at probably 340-360 to the tire on 295s. If I dead hammer it below 60 degrees they will spin but if I ease into it and then hammer it they spin slightly then stick. Above 70 degrees they don't spin at all with a proper application of throttle to wot probably at 25-30% through first.