Interview wed....

2pointslow

Ok, so i applied for an apprenticeship program as an electrician. I have an interview wed morning. Anything i should know, ask or say during the interview process?

Can't speak much in about the field or your experience. Interview wise, I can tell you to ask questions and provide relevant work experience and references.

When I interview a candidate, I am shocked at how much talking at me or to me they do, with very little in the way of good questions. I also look for relevant expression and references.

Show me what real world stuff you know. How am I as an employer going to benefit from you being on board? What have you done that you can reference. Who do you know? How are you in front of clients or working with fellow employees.

Listen to the questions and don't be afraid to ask for clarification. If they ask you to talk a little about yourself, never start in without asking for clarification.

I could go on and on.....some of the above you may know but the take away is that it's a very, very competitive job market and you have to be able to differentiate yourself big time. Do so with more than just the basics. The game has certainly changed in the past few years.

PM me if you have any questions. I've managed for years and work with HR all the time to get good candidates.