f-18s?

Spidey2721

They practice touch in goes at Rickenbacker. It is a training mission with foreign countries teaching them how to fly better. Last I knew it was the Dutch training. They are in Columbus almost every other day... just normally stay near the Grove City Area

Yea iv caught a few dutch tankers before, Iv also seen just about every aircraft other then high profile jets practice touch and goes at one point or another. Its primarily because our runways have a lot of length so you don't have to hit the runway perfect to get'n'go.

Here's an F15 and a vapor cloud. I'll see if I have any F18 shots.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=468&pictureid=3586

last year at the dayton air show the F-18 did a pass with that vapor cloud showing, they said that's just before the plane gets ready to break the sound barrier if they go any faster, then the announcer explained why they wont/dont do it at airshows due to the fact every car in the parking lot wouldn't have any windows.

BTW there's a C-5 flying around Rickenbacker now

last year at the dayton air show the F-18 did a pass with that vapor cloud showing, they said that's just before the plane gets ready to break the sound barrier if they go any faster, then the announcer explained why they wont/dont do it at airshows due to the fact every car in the parking lot wouldn't have any windows.

BTW there's a C-5 flying around Rickenbacker now

Yep. They usually hit vapor, depending on conditions, but won't go supersonic for noise reasons.

I work off Rohr road and see the big cargo planes and some other military stuff a lot. I just don't typically bring my gear though.