Fedor still unbeatable...

DaddyBuiltRacing

I think not!! I didn't get a chance to watch him lose live, did anyone watch the fight last night? For those that don't know he lost via submission to Fabricio Werdum in 69 seconds..from the replay I watched it looks like Fedor was off to a strong start and was landing blows, just got lazy and got caught in an arm bar.

I saw it and that is pretty much what happened. Fedor smelled blood and tried to finish Werdum. They weren't slippery enough and Fedor couldn't pull away. He also had his head locked in by Werdum's legs. He got careless and played into Werdum's biggest strength, the ground.

I really wanted to see the Fedor/Overeem fight. Guess that won't happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8eLBXqoB90

i'm a big fedor fan, but it's been YEARS since he's fought anyone with the ground game of werdum. i'm not gonna say that i wasn't surprised by this loss, but the odds were certainly in favor of a ground fighter beating him vs any of the stand up guys he's fought these past few years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8eLBXqoB90

i'm a big fedor fan, but it's been YEARS since he's fought anyone with the ground game of werdum. i'm not gonna say that i wasn't surprised by this loss, but the odds were certainly in favor of a ground fighter beating him vs any of the stand up guys he's fought these past few years.

This is what I have been saying for a while too! He has been very lucky and never really had to fight a guy with really good ground game and was not a UFC reject.

My money is he will retire and live off his old glory.

I still think hes a great fighter. the best HW? meh, he needs to prove that. but he did knock him down in the first 30 sec and just got caught. I think every great fighter has got caught once in their career....

My money is he will retire and live off his old glory.

Whats funny is I said this same exact thing to my buddy yesterday, I said this might be the decline of Fedor's career. He is 33 years old, hasn't really been fighting anyone worth while (Arvloski was good...3-4 years ago). I think if Fedor wants to be considered one of the best still, he's gonna ultimately have to goto UFC plain and simple. He has 1 fight left on his contract with strikeforce. Rumor is that they are already planning a rematch for Fedor vs Werdum

Whats funny is I said this same exact thing to my buddy yesterday, I said this might be the decline of Fedor's career. He is 33 years old, hasn't really been fighting anyone worth while (Arvloski was good...3-4 years ago). I think if Fedor wants to be considered one of the best still, he's gonna ultimately have to goto UFC plain and simple. He has 1 fight left on his contract with strikeforce. Rumor is that they are already planning a rematch for Fedor vs Werdum

He goes to the UFC he won't get a shot at the title. He will get beat by frank mir, Dos Santos, Cain, or I think even Roy Nelson since he has some NASTY BJJ and his size.

Fedor needs to stick with fighting washed up UFC fighters and freak show stuff. I used to be a fan of his until he stopped fighting good fighters and let M-1 ruin his career.

He goes to the UFC he won't get a shot at the title. He will get beat by frank mir, Dos Santos, Cain, or I think even Roy Nelson since he has some NASTY BJJ and his size.

Fedor needs to stick with fighting washed up UFC fighters and freak show stuff. I used to be a fan of his until he stopped fighting good fighters and let M-1 ruin his career.

Again my thoughts exactly lol. I have said over and over that a guy like Lesnar would totally destroy him, yet people are all over Fedors nuts like he is god. Is he a good fighter, yes...is he the best in the world, no!

Again my thoughts exactly lol. I have said over and over that a guy like Lesnar would totally destroy him, yet people are all over Fedors nuts like he is god. Is he a good fighter, yes...is he the best in the world, no!

I just got to see the fight online and I am really suprised at how bad Fedor looked. The exchange that led to the triangle choke was sloppy at best for him. He was swinging like a drunk sailor, if he was going against a polished striker he would have been open to some nasty shots.

The thing is he has not fought somone that was not washed up in so long he thought he could just jump right in and do some GnP and be home before 12am. Instead he got caught by a guy who is a world class BJJ fighter and that is that. Piss poor gameplan by his corner and a terrible mistake.

Dana White should send that kid that beat him a thank you note, because he just put strikeforce in a grave.