Anyone? Lexus RX 400h?

dragknee66

Freakin great suv. The 400H won a shit ton of awards and is not only faster than the regular version, but better on gas and almost 300hp(combined). Have you looked at the newer 450H's? Bigger motor, better gas milage. Be sure to get the awd on either.

Be a man, buy a tdi

lexus' are gay

lol You're gay.

You want a nice SUV that gets good gas mileage, there is but one choice, Q7 TDI....

Decent gas milage but no umph. Good torque though, thanks to the tdi. Plus, I think he may be looking at something used. Q7's are relatively new in the US (aren't they?) and run almost 50k for a new one.

But here's the real kicker. It still doesn't get any better gas milage than the Lexus and the Lexus will still get to the grocery store faster. ;)

lol You're gay.

Decent gas milage but no umph. Good torque though, thanks to the tdi. Plus, I think he may be looking at something used. Q7's are relatively new in the US (aren't they?) and run almost 50k for a new one.

But here's the real kicker. It still doesn't get any better gas milage than the Lexus and the Lexus will still get to the grocery store faster. ;)

TDI's start out at just over 50k, and a good loaded one is around 60k. You can find low mileage CPO ones IE: 5-10K, for around 48-50 used though.

We're really comparing 2 remarkably different vehicles though, before buying my Q7, I did alot of cross-shopping and test driving. The Lexus is a "nice little SUV" but not even in the same league. To each their own, be sure to watch out for those pesky "floor mats".

:p

The Audi is a great SUV, probably better performance on paper than the Lexus but, if you want something that is a little more refined, softer, and that you can relax in without thinking about the mechanicals of the car the Lexus is the one to go with. As far as the floor mats go, the Lexus is one of the safest vehicles on the road.

Also, the TDi takes rpm's to build power, while the electric motor in the RX400h has power at 1rpm. :D

Also, the TDi takes rpm's to build power, while the electric motor in the RX400h has power at 1rpm. :D

Are you smoking crack? Go drive a tdi. Tell me when you perceive "tdi lag" or "turbo lag" or whatever you're referring to.

Since you go through cars quickly you probably won't be concerned with battery life, but it's something to consider if you want to hold on to it for a long time. I'd take a diesel over a hybrid any day of the week.

Are you smoking crack? Go drive a tdi. Tell me when you perceive "tdi lag" or "turbo lag" or whatever you're referring to.

Since you go through cars quickly you probably won't be concerned with battery life, but it's something to consider if you want to hold on to it for a long time. I'd take a diesel over a hybrid any day of the week.

Dude, lay off. I'm a huge VAG fan to, but theres no need to jump down everyone's anus in every thread.

His point (jokingly) as you can see from the smiley, is that an electric motor makes 100% of it's torque @ 1RPM vs 1000-1200 for the TDI.

:gtfo:

His point (jokingly) as you can see from the smiley, is that an electric motor makes 100% of it's torque @ 1RPM vs 1000-1200 for the TDI.

:gtfo:

Yeppers, it was my little electric motor joke, lolz.

The Audi and the Lexus are both great cars, and anybody would be lucky to own either one.

theyre nice cars. but I'd want the third row seating.

It kinda depends on what your commute is like. If you just drive low speeds, stop and go around the city; get the hybrid. At low speeds it silently cruises around on the elec motor. Where as on the highway youre not taking advantage of that electric motor.

If you need to drive highways and such go with the Q7.

That's my THOUGHTS on it.

But if you wanted an opinion, I'd pick the Q7 without question.