97 audi A4 helppp 1.8T FWD 5 speed

Ryan218

Throwing codes p1500 which is fuel pump relay and p1237 p1238 p1239 p1240 which are injector 1, 2, 3, 4 closed or open? forget which one it said. now if the fuel pump relay was bad would that cause it to throw them codes? if so where can i get a relay without going to Audi? if not what else should i check. runs like shit when it throws these. also car running after codes clear. put the running lights on and instaly throws all 5 codes again? what the helllllll would casue this? short somewhere? onlything not stock about wiring is the headunit that i hate. that a place to start checking to see how who i got the car from has it wired?

help would be greatly appercated. love this car. but im clueless on the audi's so far. lol

614-832-9977

Don't know if a short could cause it... try unplugging the radio from the harness and see if you get the same result. Perhaps someone mis-wired the illumination/dimmer wires? Wish I could help you more, but I don't know what else would cause it? Problem still result with radio powered off? Is there an aftermarket alarm on it, or any other non-factory item? Fog lights, etc?

Just the radio. He told me he used the power wire and constant wire and ground from the audi's radio harness, said that he thinks he may have one hooked up wrong cuz even with key off the radiois still on unless you turn it off?

Yeah, that's backwards and an easy fix. Not sure about the complexity of audi's wiring, but I would think that is a separate issue. A good place to start though. If I were you I would re-wire it all so you know it is right. Radio wiring diagrams are easy, do a google search. Maybe you have a bad ground, too? I am still curious as to the light switch. Try the re-wire for a start and make sure to find a VERY good ground.

Yeah, that's backwards and an easy fix. Not sure about the complexity of audi's wiring, but I would think that is a separate issue. A good place to start though. If I were you I would re-wire it all so you know it is right. Radio wiring diagrams are easy, do a google search. Maybe you have a bad ground, too? I am still curious as to the light switch. Try the re-wire for a start and make sure to find a VERY good ground.

it may not be a separate issue if the B5 chassis is anything like the A3 volkswagens... there's this "K-line" to the radio that causes a whole other mess of electrical problems when an aftermarket radio is installed (both the Golf and Jetta)

Find a local with a VAG-COM . it could be more specific than a simple generic code reader (which by no means is shabby itself)

www.ohiovw.com forums

or

vwvortex columbus ohio forum

in any event, a good VAG mechanic in Cbus is ZB Lorenc, sigmatec automotive in Hilliard. He's the 1st and 2nd guy I would take any vw to

In any event, a bad pump relay, i m not sure how it would throw off the injectors timing but replace the relay, or swap it (if it fits) with another known good relay then clear the codes at autozone and see what comes back

good luck

fixed. relay for the fuel pump was a little dirty. cleaned it and put it back in hit the key no codes ect. all is good. i still want to put a factory radio back in it though. so if anyone has one send me a pm.

fixed. relay for the fuel pump was a little dirty. cleaned it and put it back in hit the key no codes ect. all is good. i still want to put a factory radio back in it though. so if anyone has one send me a pm.

http://fuckyea.info/fuck-yea-template.gif