So you wanna look fast? Step inside (LSX content inside)

JuicedH22

If I were you, I'd find an alternative to the billet grilles up front, other than that, car looks like sex. How do you like the Ecsta XS?

billet grills?? LOL... those are STOCK c5z 'grills' :lol: :lol:

I like the XS MUCH better than the Toyo shit (T1R) that was on there. However, not sure they are any better than the Azenis, and the 615s are lighter tires.... I really wanted starspecs, but they dont come in 315/30/18 :(

noo. but they do have 17s in front, and 18s in the rear... I wanted the widest tire I could get... so I wanted 315/30(5)/18 in the rear... that left me with few options, and those, the matching fronts were 275/45/17.... therefore, the front has signficantly more sidewall than the rear (which is the case on oe size zo6 tires, it just stands out more now)

psssh, sidewalls just add deflection and loss of corner speed :p

Or how about traction?

therefore, the front has signficantly more sidewall than the rear (which is the case on oe size zo6 tires, it just stands out more now)

And your doing it wrong. Jesus Facepalm. :nono:

ummm, no. No I am not.... If you really want to get into a debate on the physical transient response to tires w/ respect to sidewall deflection in high speed cornering, let me know... though I am going to presume you dont know WTF you are talking about :lol:

however YOU'RE doing it wrong.

noo. but they do have 17s in front, and 18s in the rear... I wanted the widest tire I could get... so I wanted 315/30(5)/18 in the rear... that left me with few options, and those, the matching fronts were 275/45/17.... therefore, the front has signficantly more sidewall than the rear (which is the case on oe size zo6 tires, it just stands out more now)

ummm, no. No I am not.... If you really want to get into a debate on the physical transient response to tires w/ respect to sidewall deflection in high speed cornering, let me know... though I am going to presume you dont know WTF you are talking about :lol:

however YOU'RE doing it wrong.

:funny:

Dude,

Your car is gorgeous, and I give you mad props for using it for something other than holding the pedal down for 12 seconds at a time>

Just ignore dumb (Alex) and dumber (Igor).

Oh the car is definitely gorgeous, don't get me wrong. I mistakingly omitted that from my original reply (which is the topic of this thread isn't it?)

But the argument at hand is the use of sidewall in a tire, and or High speed cornering, in which the tire compound also comes into play.

I can respect that.

But the argument at hand is the use of sidewall in a tire, and or High speed cornering, in which the tire compound also comes into play.

To be technical, it is sidewall vs track width. And yes, obviously tire compound comes into play, as well as tire ply, and sidewall composition. As well as yaw moment, camber gain, and a about 15 other suspension geometry/kinematics that come into play. But most importantly, is the combo of sizes that can be purchased for a given tire, without spending an arm and a leg.

To be technical, it is sidewall vs track width. And yes, obviously tire compound comes into play, as well as tire ply, and sidewall composition. As well as yaw moment, camber gain, and a about 15 other suspension geometry/kinematics that come into play.

Careful buddy, you're likely to make his head blow right off his shoulder's. The kid can only google information so fast to appear competent in a thread.