#1 qualifier@Norwalk 8.9 index

koolrayz

Went to Norwalk for the friday night chaos program. Still trying to get the tuneups right on the boost and launch rpm. First qualifying pass left lazy again 1.43 60 and a 5.895 1/8 ran it out to a 9.021 @157. I had taken 2 degrees of timing out from last week and almost a pound of boost wanting to get the mph down to 155 but it didn't move.

I put another pound on the launch and upped the rpm to 4100 and it came out much better. I ran a 1.41 60' with a 5.78@125 1/8 and my first 8 second pass. On an 8.900 index I ran an 8.900. Obviously I was the number one qualifier last night. It was hotter than hell during qualifying and some long delays before eliminations. I had some slow cars to work though in the field so I took some boost and rpm out of the launch but as the sun went lower I kept going faster. see the other slip.

Before tonight I had only ran high 5.8 1/8ths. my 9.02 last year was a 5.89. the second elimination pass was a 5.69@127 I had also never went 127 in the 1/8. That 1/8th pass was almost a full tenth faster than the 1/8 on the 8.9 pass, That would have been an easy 8.7 pass and I have not began to lean on this thing yet. Once I catch some good air and am not racing in these index classes I can let her eat. Next week is another 8.9 index race at Thompson.

I lost in the semi finals do to a brain fart. I destroyed this guy on the tree and couldn't see him, let out to early and couldn't get enough back into it and he beat me buy a fender total screw up on my part. I still won $125 so at least I got gas money.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc122/koolrayz/8900-july16-2010.jpg

On an 8.900 index I ran an 8.900.

Congrats man.

This reminded me of when I was 16, first time ever down a track, I missed time trials so I had to guess at a time. I dialed in a 14.50.

I ran a 14.50 with a perfect .500 light.

My buddy Brian Legg usually races in that. He couldn't make it to that race.

Not counting this past race, but his car has been in the finals the last 7 out of 8 races. You can look at the results on the track website.

BTW....Great Job Ray!