Sprint/EVO

ICEMAN1647545504

Anyone have one of these??? How do they compare with the iPhone??? I have the iPhone right now but if I switch to Sprint I'm saving $60/month and getting a better plan. I heard that Sprint doesn't have good service. I travel a lot for work within Ohio so this is a big deal for me. Any input will be helpful. Thanks. (BTW I thought there was a thread about this before)

Good luck getting one through Sprint, ive been waiting for almost 2 months for mine.. I have the iphone and will keep it once I get the evo (from work) so I will be a good source once I get my hands on it..

S has better data service than att, i know this bc I have a Sprint data card and travel quite a bit.

Same here have the Evo waited about 7 days for mine just get on a waiting list at Sprint or BB. Have had Sprint for 10+ years and love it. No major dropped calls traveled to FL no problems the whole way, and VT every year no problems even on the tops of mountains while snowboarding. The plans are awesome because they usually include free roaming which helps a ton!

Oh and the EVO kills the Iphone

lol

Forgot to mention fuck Sprint for taking an extra 10 bucks a month for absolutely nothing. I will retract that after they light up 4g in columbus.

Oh yeah I agree... although maybe in a few months we can get this charge removed.

BTW is Sprints, data truly unlimited, like if I use my phone for my laptop will I get charged if I go over so many gigs???

I dont know much about 4G or 3G so is there anything better in Columbus than WiMaxx?

WiMax isn't in Columbus, and who the hell knows when it will be. BUT, T-mobile just rolled out HSPA+ to many metropolitan areas, including Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Dayton.

HSPA+ delivers 4G speeds, but isn't technically 4G.

We have been thinking of paying the fee to drop Verizon and move to Sprint to get a couple of these phones. Verizon's fees for web service seem to be high. We used to be Sprint customers many years ago, sorry we ever switched to Verizon really.

Since i'm a BES admin, i've had the chance to attend conferences with VZW, Sprint on their up and coming tecnology. I must say Verizon seems to have the best future ahead of us. A while ago when the frequency changed and people had to buy new TVs and shit....they are buying up all that freq space all over and about to drop major shit on wireless.

Wimax was created to replace wifi or be an alternative.

• 3 weeks later...

My EVO is great! I don't miss iphone in anyway. I have not even rooted my phone and the experience is far better. Simply with widgets I can change the look and feel. Plus, most of the apps I used on Apple I have found in the Market.

My Dad bought an Ip4. I picked it up and it's lame and old OS that was on my 3GS. No interest.