Norwalk - My car got faster - see to believe, video!

CRAWDAD

11.46@126.85mph I was on a faster pass on sunday during eleminations and aborted the pass at the 1000' mark to keep from breaking out and still ran 11.54@102mph. My honest opinion, it would have been 11.28-11.32 but I can't claim that until I get it. October air should be good to me!

Yes I was. on a 1.74 60' on that one. The next pass I had a 1.69 60' but let off at the 1000' to keep from breaking out. I will be working with it. would be nice to see some faster times in the near future. but I don't have a cage and most will kick me off the track.

get rid of the et street radials and get slicks or regular et streets. i tried the radials on my car and they sucked ass. not enough give, then end up breaking traction and parts on a stick car. great for a auto car not for a stick unless you suspension is rediculously dialed in well. i was turning 1.4-1.5s and then couldnt get better than a 1.7 on radials when i tried them. i went a 10.75 at that mph on a 1.4 a few years ago so there is a ton of et left on the table. slicks+5k dump= better ets.

Was curious since I have not been to the Ford event since FFW went out of business, how was the attendance?

Still the same amount of bracket racers

Car looks and sounds great.

Norwalk is an amazing track. I ran my best of 12.84 there when I was consistantly running 12.9x at NTR. Damn I miss my wagon. :(

And +1 on what Linn said.

I know I need to launch it harder. I tried to dump the clutch at 4k. it just spun. Its hard to launch a car that has 57% of the weight up front and 43% in the rear. But that is what I am working on. I have always dumped the clutch on all my 5/6 speel cars. It don't work.

Congrats on the new best!

That MPH should be good for a 10.80

gonna be hard to hit that with a car/driver that weighs 3925lbs, don't ya think? with my tires?

get rid of the et street radials and get slicks or regular et streets. i tried the radials on my car and they sucked ass. not enough give, then end up breaking traction and parts on a stick car. great for a auto car not for a stick unless you suspension is rediculously dialed in well. i was turning 1.4-1.5s and then couldnt get better than a 1.7 on radials when i tried them. i went a 10.75 at that mph on a 1.4 a few years ago so there is a ton of et left on the table. slicks+5k dump= better ets.

I know slicks will help but I need a few other things before I can put slicks on.

SFI Aproved Balancer

Blow proof bell housing

drive shaft loop

3" wheel studs

and slicks of course

And I need a cage too!

Edited by CRAWDAD
I need a cage too

lol. jj my truck is 2660 up front and 890 rear. what percentage is that front to rear.

lol

dude u need a two step and we need to dial in those shocks.

no excuses for not hooking on drag radials. when stock suspension cars evan leaf spring cars are going 1.18 60s with 275/60s. granted they have more power. but a 1.4 isint too unrealalistic.

dont make me get the camaro done to show you how.

deff good mph. i think it can and would hook. u need a two step.

you have to be able to b wide open at launch and dump the clutch on the 2 step.

in order to transfer weight you need a big hit to the rear suspension. usually most cars spin trying to feather the clutch.

Did you happen to walk around and take any pictures?

Nope didn't take any pics!

lol. jj my truck is 2660 up front and 890 rear. what percentage is that front to rear.

lol

dude u need a two step and we need to dial in those shocks.

no excuses for not hooking on drag radials. when stock suspension cars evan leaf spring cars are going 1.18 60s with 275/60s. granted they have more power. but a 1.4 isint too unrealalistic.

dont make me get the camaro done to show you how.

deff good mph. i think it can and would hook. u need a two step.

you have to be able to b wide open at launch and dump the clutch on the 2 step.

in order to transfer weight you need a big hit to the rear suspension. usually most cars spin trying to feather the clutch.

75/25% Matt

I haven't even played with the suspension yet.

I tried to dump the clutch at 4k and spun. I spun hard and rode it out and wasn't watching the tach and hit the rev limiter before i reilized it was time to hit 2nd and ran 12.25. That was 1st rd on friday night! Needless to say but I was drinking beer a couple min later. lol

but leaving at 4000 your droping the clutch and then dropping the hammer and rolling into wot. with a 2 step you could be at wide open and just set your rpm to leave.

3000 or what the car works at. deff gona need some suspension tunning but a 10. isint out of the question.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...