Custom exhaust input

V4junkie

Modified the stock exhaust on my VFR so that they're basically straight pipes. However, I'm not crazy about the bead blasted finish.

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg

Fairings will be back on pretty soon after some graphics. Dressing it up to look a little P-40ish and I'm thinking flat blacking the cans (and pass pegs) might help with the stealth look. Thoughts?

Oh and here's a crappy pic in case you can't visualize the fairing

newcamo.jpg

flat black cans would look great!

for some reason i really like that bike.

im a fan of the VFRs but yours has a very different look than any other i have seen.

got a sound clip with those pipes??

and what exactly did you do to the pipes?

yeah definitely put some kind of finish on them...how about some custom carbon fiber outlets on the ends of the canisters?? now that would be sexy :D

Hey do you know some outlets sell exhaust carbon fibre pipes, I find one in UK...plan to rebuild my shot Akra and make it shorty...will appreciate any input.

Thanks

The masses hath spaketh! Flat black it is.

The cans themselves are just the stockers. Cut them down the middle along the original weld and took out all of Honda's spaghetti(maybe 5 lbs worth per can). Then also sawed the end caps off and had him weld on a bent plate into an oval. It's really open and sounds nasty but I'll need to be wearing those earplugs.

I'll try to get a sound clip up after work today. I can't believe how warm it's going to get while I'm in NYC. . . WITHOUT A BIKE!

Well thank you very much. I stare at other bikes all the time but when you can only have one bike to do everything I just can't find a bike better for me than the viffer.

If you think it looks good now the I can't wait to get the fairings back on there. They're out at Auto Trim Design (Granville) getting some vinyl. The good thing is my family won't charge me much, bad news is he'll just have the fairings until he finds time. Oddly I think I'll miss having the bikes guts hanging out . . .