Chrysler Pacifica ABS light

smokin5s

ABS light came on last night.... I topped off fluid and it's still on. My guess is a wheel speed sensor is bad... I plugged in my code scanner and saw no codes (I didn't expect to see any)

How can I find out for sure what is bad?

If it's a generic code scanner it will (usually) only do OBDII based codes. Those are all government mandated standardized codes and standardized communication protocol that only pertain to the FI ECU. You usually have to pay $$$$ to get a code scanner that does other ECU's as everyone's communication protocol is different. If the light is on there should (will) be a code.

Anyways, Autozone might have a 'better' scanner. Maybe someone on here will. You'll have to find a Chrysler specific scanner or some companies make 'generic' ones that do other ECU's. Snapon makes one, but to get the scanner and all of the CD's you need is multiple thousands of dollars so it's somewhat rare to find someone who put down the coin for that one. Even having said that I'd be pretty surprised if someone on here didn't have one or know someone who has a tool like that.

You might end up needing to go to a Chrysler (or is this a 'Benze'?) dealership, or find a shop where someone has a really nice scanner.

It could be 100 different things. Everyone goes to WSS (wheel speed sensors) because on most cars they break the most often being exposed in the wheel wells and being partially mechanical components. If it's hard to get to or find a scanner that will do the Pacific's ABS codes, it might be worth looking to see if there is an obviously damaged WSS (cable). It's a relatively easy thing to do, I went through that exact scenario on my Audi at one point.