NIB OCZ 120gb Vertex SSD

jfiveeight

As the title states, selling a solid state drive that's new in box.

Used one for a year, adds some crazy speed to opening programs/editing large files.

This is the exact drive:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227395

$230 obo

now

$200 obo

Edited by jfiveeight
price drop

do you know if it will work as a Mass Storage Device? reason I ask is I would like to run it to my pioneer head unit via the USB port, but the drive has to be a MSD.

Its just like a normal HD yes.

That has to be the silliest Idea Ive ever heard of though hah

why? to have a 120Gb of music and video at my disposal? I can run a cable from behind the unit to the glove box and never see it.

and actually if it works like a 'normal' hd it won't do mass storage, only a jump drive or sd card will.

but since it is solid state i was hoping it did, but not all of them do.

why? to have a 120Gb of music and video at my disposal? I can run a cable from behind the unit to the glove box and never see it.

and actually if it works like a 'normal' hd it won't do mass storage, only a jump drive or sd card will.

Edit: Just re-read it, so you would have to run USB to SATA.

I would think how you format the drive would dictate if your head unit could use it or not, and if the adapter worked.

What you need is a hard drive enclosure that is SATA to USB. It "should" work but I have never tried it with a SSD. They almost always have their own power wire so you would have to hardwire that and maybe use a power inverter. This is actually a great idea if you have a shit load of mp3s bigger then what would fit on a 32GB thumb drive.

^ yeah, i am working on trying a different setup now. I do have a enclosed latop HD that is USB powered. It didn't work before, and what I read in my pioneer manual said that is had to be capable of Mass Storage Mode which what a jump drive does.

but, after talking with someone here and researching it a bit more i have found that it is supposed to be able to work with a FAT32 partion instead of NTFS. So I am going to format that drive sometime this week and give it another try.