Laptop help

Jizzle Juice

Safe mode boots up the machine with the default drivers from Microsoft, not the updated drivers for your hardware. You may have a bum driver. You can roll back drivers while in safe mode. Start with the driver with the most recent date and roll it back. Then try booting into regular mode and see what happens. If that doesn't fix it then find the driver with the next most recent date and try again.

You may also have a piece of software loading at startup in regular mode that does not load in safe mode. You can look at what executes at startup using msconfig. Pull up the run bar and type msconfig and it will load.

and when you run in normal mode, it's slow?

if I were u, i would back up all my files and reformat with the windows xp disk. that would be the easiest. that is unless you installed something new recently, then I would try to remove whatever you installed and see if that helps.

did it ever run good with win 7?

do you have the win 7 disk? cause you can redo it with that too.

if you don't have a good copy of win 7 I would go back to xp, or take it back to that dude that put it on there.

i will be at cars and coffee tomorrow if you want to bring it out I could have a quick look and see what's up...