31 tooth input shaft upgrade for ls1 t56?

ls1plus

no, i broke everything else... the guy thats helping me go through mine said in his opinion the input shaft is the main thing holding back the torque capacity.i have to replace it anyways since 4th gear is bad but couldnt find the upgrade anywhere

anyone offer an upgrade for the input shaft of a ls1 t56? i have only found them for ford

The T-56 that Ford used in the 03/04 Cobra had a 10-spline input shaft and the 26-spline input shaft is an upgrade for that. The GM T-56 has a 26-spline shaft already, so as far as spline count it doesn't need an upgrade. I don't know if they make a better shaft for the GM trannies or not.

no, i broke everything else... the guy thats helping me go through mine said in his opinion the input shaft is the main thing holding back the torque capacity.i have to replace it anyways since 4th gear is bad but couldnt find the upgrade anywhere

id reconsider who you have do your trans then, bc the input shaft is not the week point that holds back the tq capacity. its the output shaft, which you can upgrade to the 30 spline viper one. how much tq are you making anyway that your worried about it. im making 743rwtq on a stock input and output shaft with no issues so far

The T-56 that Ford used in the 03/04 Cobra had a 10-spline input shaft and the 26-spline input shaft is an upgrade for that. The GM T-56 has a 26-spline shaft already, so as far as spline count it doesn't need an upgrade. I don't know if they make a better shaft for the GM trannies or not.

the concern was where it was necked down after the spline, i bought a factory replacement after talking to everyone

id reconsider who you have do your trans then, bc the input shaft is not the week point that holds back the tq capacity. its the output shaft, which you can upgrade to the 30 spline viper one. how much tq are you making anyway that your worried about it. im making 743rwtq on a stock input and output shaft with no issues so far

he mentioned it once that i should consider upgrading it, i dont think thats reason for finding someone else. thanks for clarifying the weak point though. im hearing now from everyone that the input is good for ~ 1000 ft lbs, im not near that level