computer peeps

Spidey2721

what ya think about this...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.466510

This Upgrade Kit includes:

1. AMD Phenom 9850 2.5GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition Processor (Model: HD985ZXAJ4BGH) - OEM

2. ASUS AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX Motherboard (Model: M4A785-M)

3. ASUS GeForce GT 220 1GB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card (Model: ENGT220/DI/1GD2(LP))

4. G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model: F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ)

5. Western Digital Caviar Green 750GB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive (Model: WD7500AADS)

6. ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 92mm Fluid Dynamic CPU Cooler

Combo Discount: -$32.94

Combo Price: $337.99

$317.99 after $20.00

Mail-In Rebates

i been outta the game for a while and friend is needing top build a new pc. so since i been outta the game for a bit wanted to ask.

sorry guys its going to be amd. thanks for the info on the caviar.

You said yourself that you have been out of the game a while. You realize that AMD is crap now, right? They haven't been good in about 6 years. Prepare for overheating, crashing, and getting circles ran around your processor by slower Intel processors with better technology.

My AMD build sucks. It won't install windows vista or windows 7. It locks up at the same place. I thought it was the hard drive so I replaced. Same problem. I thought it was the motherboard so I bought a eVGA one. Same problem. I thought it was the ram so I bought expensive Corsair ram. Same problem. I tried a cheap ass video card instead of my monster eVGA card. Same problem. Only thing I haven't replaced is my CPU which happens to be an AMD athlon x64 3.2ghz.

This was my first and last AMD processor I will ever buy. Just trying to help out man :(

I used to be a fan of AMD, but Intel is really where it is at.

You are building something that is a bit dated too. All the new stuff runs DDR3. Unless you are building something that needs to be small, you will likely be unhappy with a Micro ATX motherboard.

You said yourself that you have been out of the game a while. You realize that AMD is crap now, right? They haven't been good in about 6 years. Prepare for overheating, crashing, and getting circles ran around your processor by slower Intel processors with better technology.

Ive been running a AMD Athlon 9850+ 2.5ghz quad core black edition since it came out and have not had a single problem with it.