1994 integra LS, no spark

jeffro

long story short, i parked the car last monday (8-7) and installed a turbo kit. went to start the car today, and all it does is cranks. its getting fuel, because i can hear it and smell it. checked for spark and no spark. it was raining on the engine earlier today, but it was just a drizzle at the time. anyone have any methods for testing the dizzy? what else could it be? i didnt touch anything electrical.

most common issue with those cars are: A. ignitor is bad, B. coil is bad. both are inside the distributor cap. however you said the engine was a little wet, make sure the distributor cap isn't cracked or the seal isn't allowing water in. if you do get it running use a spray bottle filled with water and spray the distributor cap and look/listen for arching if so replace the distributor cap and seal

most common issue with those cars are: A. ignitor is bad, B. coil is bad. both are inside the distributor cap. however you said the engine was a little wet, make sure the distributor cap isn't cracked or the seal isn't allowing water in. if you do get it running use a spray bottle filled with water and spray the distributor cap and look/listen for arching if so replace the distributor cap and seal

just replace the dizzy cap? or the entire assembly? oreillys has one for 22$.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/BOR1/C725.oap?year=1994&make=Acura&model=Integra&vi=1000360&keyword=distributor+cap+%26+rotor&forcedVehicle=true&pt=C0413&ppt=C0334

but i cant imagine thats the entire assembly.

doesnt move.

sounds like the ignitor is bad, take the distributor cap off check for moisture and is there any white powder looking stuff inside the cap? if so the coil is junk if not ignitor. I do remember a few years ago we had a 98 GSR come in with a no start issue and the distributor rotor was bad, so I would start with the cap and rotor first since its the cheapest area to start, if that doesn't do it then the ignitor

just replace the dizzy cap? or the entire assembly? oreillys has one for 22$.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/BOR1/C725.oap?year=1994&make=Acura&model=Integra&vi=1000360&keyword=distributor+cap+%26+rotor&forcedVehicle=true&pt=C0413&ppt=C0334

but i cant imagine thats the entire assembly.

that looks like the cap only, get the rotor too if your gonna try that first, but 95% of the time when the tach doesn't move when cranking its the ignitor

sounds like the ignitor is bad, take the distributor cap off check for moisture and is there any white powder looking stuff inside the cap? if so the coil is junk if not ignitor. I do remember a few years ago we had a 98 GSR come in with a no start issue and the distributor rotor was bad, so I would start with the cap and rotor first since its the cheapest are to start, if that doesn't do it then the ignitor

yes, there was a fine powder inside the cap, its a yellowish white color. fuck i dont have 80 bucks for an ignition coil.