Flywheel/rotating mass - Help

Miller

So I'm at ends with my car right now. The issue is AWESOME. I purchased this block, and it had 2 stripped bolts in the back of the crank shaft where it attaches to the flywheel. The great thing is that these are open-looped to the crank case. I had managed to get a very soft bite on them before they would let go. So, I put rtv into the two holes (just behind the bolt's end) and applied a small amount of loctite to the front behind the head. Anyway, they held just fine to the torque wrench after drying so I drove hundreds of miles. Well one of them has let loose and the car is dripping very small amounts of oil from the bellhousing now.

I could port out the flywheel holes and tap the crank for a size up larger bolt I guess. Also, there is a company that makes STI (steel thread inserts). Essentially an insert that would match up to the larger sized tap I would have but allow me to maintain all the stock bolts. Do you guys think this would throw off the balance at all placing that small tap inside? Go for it or no?