Ken Block Gymkhana 3 Part 1 Coming Tuesday

Rally Pat

Block is good, but he's not God on Wheels.

You're right. In fact, hes probably one of the worst rally drivers in the world atm.

But damn if those videos aren't entertaining.

You also can't deny what he has done for the sport in the last 3 years.

Antoine is my boy.

True. Having high profile drivers has helped the exposure of american rally racing. And they are entertaining. But I just think people give him too much credit. Each shot of the gymkhana videos is 5-15 takes. And I know I can pull off a lot of his stunts myself.

Rally America has brought European style RallyCross to the US. Six 500+hp cars, door to door, on a mixed tarmac/gravel track with jumps. If they can get that televised on Speed or any major network, I bet you'll see a lot of new interest. As it is, a friend of mine is thinking of building a car for that in the next couple years. Hopefully it catches on and spreads to more than one venue by that time.

True. Having high profile drivers has helped the exposure of american rally racing. And they are entertaining. But I just think people give him too much credit. Each shot of the gymkhana videos is 5-15 takes. And I know I can pull off a lot of his stunts myself.

Rally America has brought European style RallyCross to the US. Six 500+hp cars, door to door, on a mixed tarmac/gravel track with jumps. If they can get that televised on Speed or any major network, I bet you'll see a lot of new interest. As it is, a friend of mine is thinking of building a car for that in the next couple years. Hopefully it catches on and spreads to more than one venue by that time.

Rally America has rebranded, if you didn't know that. They are RallyCar now, and Rally America has been demoted to being the name for US stage rally. Personally, if the RallyCross is anything like it was in the second half of the X-games, its going to suck. Hopefully its better though. I still much prefer stage rally.

I am really looking to get in to stage rally like my dad, and am hoping it doesn't die out in the states. Heres some light reading about my dad if you're bored.

http://www.specialstage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39588

I am really looking to get in to stage rally like my dad, and am hoping it doesn't die out in the states. Heres some light reading about my dad if you're bored.

http://www.specialstage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39588

I remember when you were first looking for your dads old car. Did you ever track it down?

n/m read the part of that thread where the car is not around anymore, sucks dude. You should get an old one and make it look like your dads did.

Rally America has rebranded, if you didn't know that. They are RallyCar now, and Rally America has been demoted to being the name for US stage rally. Personally, if the RallyCross is anything like it was in the second half of the X-games, its going to suck. Hopefully its better though. I still much prefer stage rally.

I had forgotten what they re-branded to. If I remember correctly it's specifically because they are putting more resources into RallyCross. I prefer Stage Rally too, but it's a pain to insure and control in the US. Plus, it's not as fun for live spectators. Euro RallyCross is great for spectators however, which means ticket sales and more money. And it's nothing like X-Games.

Some european RallyCross vids:

These cars are nasty little purpose-built monsters. Essentially, they're unrestricted stage rally cars. If you look closely, you'll even see that they put the radiators in the back to keep them from being blocked by dirt. I think this has a chance of getting much more attention than Stage Rally because it is so spectator-friendly.