Viper people.

dover

Without abs and no traction control, they are VERY frequently totaled. Someone once said "anyone who has driven a viper hard has spun it out at highway speeds, or is lying about the fact that they've driven it hard"

It's also a 15 year old car no matter what the mileage is

My vote is no

Get a C6Z, LT's, CAI, stat, cam, tune =600 rwhp

Drive it every day (until you total it) and have fun!

I've gotta agree here. C6Z's are *cheap* now (relatively speaking), make great power and do it in a very reliable and fun package.

If I wasn't soo hung up on my euro-trash I'd own one already.

Andy

Keep cobra, drive it around FL for a bit. Someone will ask you to sale it. then do it but at least drive your car. Youve waited soooo long for it to be done so at least do what you bought it for! To have fun and look good oh and also make some side monies....

+1

I rented one in Vegas years ago. I was not impressed. Rear end gets really crazy, it was hot and cramped, and I just don't like Dodge as it is. The only thing a Viper is good for is that "Wow" factor you get from onlookers... :)

Another neg is that the 2008 and below Vipers have no ABS or Traction Control. Which is ok for the fun factor but it sure is nice to have at certain times. All that power can get you in trouble on rainy roads and if you have to slam on the brakes you better have a lot of road.

The Viper got ABS starting in 2001 so they do have ABS...

I wouldn't get a 1996. I would start with a 2001 if you want a GTS. Honestly for the money and upgrades I would hold off for a 03+ if you don't want to spend a lot. If you plan on beating C6 Z06's without going TT I would start with a 08+ and the upgraded engine... ;)

They are hot inside until you do exhaust mods and a few things on the early cars. The later cars aren't as bad but they still get hot inside. The interior is very cheap looking/feeling for the price so if you want luxury the Viper is not it. Essentially if you want to Turbo one it will make 1,000rwhp+ on PUMP gas which not many cars will do... ;)

I don't know how much you have in your Cobra but if it's making 600rwhp+ then the Viper better be PERFECT for a trade. Even then, I don't think I could do it. Love the GTS but go drive one any you may change your mind (the peddles are offset)....

I would have loved to buy a C6Z but my bank did not agree with it. You can buy a low mile LS3 in the high 20s low 30s I have intake longtubes catback and tune put down 406rwhp and it feels faster then my 97 supercharged c5 that put down 458. just an idea for a problem free fun car LS2s are even less.