Barry Sanders Jr.

SpaceGhost

The crazy thing is, that is varsity ball, and he is a freshman and sophomore in those clips.

He is a Junior this year coming up. He has 7 verbal offers already! Where is Tressel? By the sound of this article, if OSU can win a NC this year, maybe OSU could get him.

Oklahoma City, OK.- One look at the name and nothing else needs to be said. Sure, everyone who knows football has heard of former Detroit Lions running back Barry Sanders. He inspired many with some of the most breathtaking moves the NFL has ever seen. Fortunately for the new generation there is another chance at watching some of that same pedigree at work. Heritage Hall high running back star Barry Sanders junior is no secret among many recruiting followers. Sanders is a prime target in the class of 2012 which is never to early to look ahead in recruiting.

“Things are going good. I have 7 offers right now. I think when September 1st rolls around I’ll hear from more schools. Right now Tennessee, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Arizona, Tulsa, Texas Tech, and Texas A&M have verbally offered. I don’t have any favorites but I have been paying a little attention to a few schools early. UCLA, Texas, FSU, Miami and Oklahoma state has been on the list for a while. I’m still open to this process though and I’m not ready to narrow things down at all. I really haven’t taken any visits this summer, but I know that after my season gets going I’ll start taking a lot more visits.”

Sanders just returned home from the Top Gun camp in Virginia. While he was there he surrounded himself with several top 2011 recruits. While he was there he was open to any and all suggestions they were willing to offer.

“While I was at the camp I talked with other top recruits about where they want to go. Ray Drew, Stephon Tuitt, Wayne Lyons, Malcolm Brown, and Aaron Green are a few of the guys I hung around with. I haven’t laughed that much in a long time, it was a great time. My family will also give me a lot of guidance, my family and friends and coaches all are helping me out with the process.”

One look at the highlight of Sanders and you are immediately reminded of the name sake. He’s got some great moves and holds a very bright future for himself.

“The Notre Dame coaches talked about my ability. They like my balance and that I can create for myself. Oklahoma state also told me they were impressed with my film, but nobody has really taken time to break it down. I’m being looked at running back only. I’m working on my footwork and upper body strength. I can catch but I want to improve there. I’m trying to become a great route runner and improve my pass blocking.”

While Sanders options may continue to open, he has already listed some criteria for a future college.

“I want a school that will compete for a championship year after year. Good facilities would be nice. I want a program with a strong tradition. FSU has Jimbo as a new coach down there. I want to see how they do. I’ve been paying attention already. I’ve also had my eye on Oregon, they are growing rapidly. I’ve gotten a questionnaire, but not a lot of contact.”

I didn't, 08 was hard to watch, but I did, every fuckin' game. :mad:

It can't get any worse than that.

I idolized that man. The way they did him before he retired hit me so hard that I went from loving to hating Detroit. With free agency and stuff I cant get ahold of a team because they change too damn much. I am slowly turning into a viking fan though....

Barry Sr. was one of the greats. I loved watching him play for the lions. I think that was the only reason why Lions fans liked the lions was because of Barry Sr. Now most of the fans here dont really care about the Lions i think most of us here in D-town were really upset to see him go but who can blame him.

After watching his son in action. Dear god could it be any different that a chip off of the old block? I think his son could be another great if he applies himself. I will be interested to see how his progress comes along in the next couple of years..

He will be playing for OSU, just not tOSU. This kid is all Oklahoma St, but fear not Buckeye fans there is a player equally as good that has tOSU as his favorite. His name is Rushel Shell, look him up on youtube. Not to mention there is a couple stud RB's in ohio for the 2012 class.

I cursed Detroit for what happened between them and Sanders. Apparently, it worked. I don't think they can suck more since then. Sorry, their jerks.

We are going to surprise a lot of teams this year. We look good in the 1st halves of these preseason games. (the time that matters, no newsflash that we are not deep with talent) We out scored the Steelers in the 1 Quarter with our main starters only playing 1 drive. The steelers only took the lead with 1:30 left to play in the second quarter with our 2nd team in. Our Defense held strong Against the 1st team of the Steelers minus Ben, who they will be without for the 1st 4 games anyway.

Saturday We held Denver Scoreless until late in the 2nd quarter While we scored 13. Both teams let all their 1st Team players play the whole first half. Stafford was (I think) 12-16 130 yards, no picks, and a touchdown. (that's damn good for a half) Jahvid Best is averaging 5-6 yards a carry, he is freakin fast and turns a corner and is up the field in the blink of an eye. Dre Bly had a pick in the first quarter against his former teammate Kyle Orton. Good to have him back since 06. Our Defensive Front 4 pushed Denver's offensive line back each play and put a ton of pressure on Kyle. Suh pancaked his defensive lineman when he wasn't double teamed. He is going to be great. Nate Burleson is taking the pressure off of Stafford as he now he has many weapons to throw to and time to throw. Nate has great hands and goes over the middle well, no more double covering Megatron and play man to man on everyone else. Hell Our O-line gave Stafford plenty of time to throw the ball in both games. Eveyone saying our O-line is weak, bullshit, they block well for Jahvid and the announcers for Denver were commenting on how clean Stafford's Jersey was in the second quarter.

Orton picked on our DB King, our secondary is where we are lacking. I hope we can shore that up and make it a bit better. King needs to turn around and look for the ball. They had 3 Penealties for 44 yard though. They need to cut that shit out.

All in all we are going to make opponents score less this year and we are going to score more as long as the team stays healthy. We should win some games this year. Jim Schwartz and Martin Mayhew have done a great job in bringing in talent. Now it's time to see some results. No Superbowl yet, but they are not the same Lions as in 2008. You can't go from winless to division champs in only a couple years but maybe next year I think we could if we continue to build and hold on to good players. We are a young team.

Browns fans watch this weekend August 28th 5pm, you will see a different Detroit team! Maybe we can meet in the Superbowl in 2013?!

He will be playing for OSU, just not tOSU. This kid is all Oklahoma St, but fear not Buckeye fans there is a player equally as good that has tOSU as his favorite. His name is Rushel Shell, look him up on youtube. Not to mention there is a couple stud RB's in ohio for the 2012 class.

I hope not, I hope Tressel puts some work into bringing him here. I will be right there with all the O_H, I-Os, and wear a Sanders scarlet jersey!