1927 Roadster

wnaplay1647545503

I already have an oddball axle that is kind of unique. Its a drop axle but it doesnt get my body down low. I either need to channel the body over the frame like 106mm did his(I am low now and with channelling it would get me to around is height), or "z" the front of the frame and lower the frame section just the body sits on. Although he didnt go lower than the frame, I would have to redo the floor in mine and if I wanted the body even lower, I dont know how I would feel about fiberglass hanging down with nothing to really support it. I figure I would have to raise the floor in mine, reglass in the wood(I am hoping its glassed in now, I really havent looked or made it that far) and then I dont know how I would support the fiberglass wall below the frame or just leave it hang(although stiff) to get hit on stuff and more than likely break. I could alway sbuild something off the frame to hang down with it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have it all taken apart and its sitting on stands as low as I can go, I may not even be able to go this low once the rest of the suspension is bolted up, and it still looks to high. The pic shows it at this height. Still look to high? I will be confirming the height of the motor mounts tomorrow but if I were to use those rigid mounts directly on the frame, my tranny would be 2" off the ground at this height.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d87/wnaplay/DSCF6167.jpg