No ROK M1s...thanks Obama.

jjjxlr8

Will I get 5?

Someone has to put a stop to this.

Price of a USGI M1a >>> Price of USGI garand last time I checked.

Well that's just fine. CMP still has plenty to sell, and hopefully the next administration can get us some good USGI stuff back. Or the cartels will buy them all up, and somehow it will still be our fault.

Also, you can (or could) pretty easily get AP rounds for the 30-06 for not much money. God forbid we all load up our garands and shoot holes in thick steel plating!

The word on the Garand streets is that since Korea didn't pay for these (they're were MAP grant guns) but they want to sell them for profit, to us, we're saying no. So basically, we gave them away + now they want to sell them back to us = fail. Hopefulyl it works out and some happy importer gets them. I'm sure only a small portion of them are actually nice. Just like most of the stuff we get from other countries, it's mostly beat to shit junk/parts.

There were a few people over at the CMP forums that claimed to have seen some of the Carbines while in Korea, and they were described as nasty, even the best they saw were well below rack grade.

I love my Garand...for rapid aimed fire at ranges beyond 100 yards, it's hard to beat the Garand. The only draw-back is that darn en-bloc clip.

It DID technically begin last year... technically it's been in design for a long, long time... but it finally came to fruition. I've been eyeballing it for awhile, but this is their actual first "move".

People who wished they had guns now should have bought a long, long time ago. If you're just now trying to start a collection you are WAY behind the curve... and plenty of adequate notice was given.

I know, I was dicking around.

Also, you can (or could) pretty easily get AP rounds for the 30-06 for not much money.

That is correct. They run $1 a round for the AP, M2's, (black colored tip).

A little tougher to find are the API, M14A1's. Those run $5 a round (aluminum colored tip).

That is correct. They run $1 a round for the AP, M2's, (black colored tip).

A little tougher to find are the API, M14A1's. Those run $5 a round (aluminum colored tip).

CMP brought in a bunch of the 30.06 AP earlier this year. They were selling it for CHEAP - $60 for a sealed SPAM can of 192 rounds!! It sold out in less than 2 days.

The word on the Garand streets is that since Korea didn't pay for these (they're were MAP grant guns) but they want to sell them for profit, to us, we're saying no. So basically, we gave them away + now they want to sell them back to us = fail. Hopefulyl it works out and some happy importer gets them. I'm sure only a small portion of them are actually nice. Just like most of the stuff we get from other countries, it's mostly beat to shit junk/parts.

Even if this was true, their logic fails. There is still a significant amount of money to be made on these rifles (even just for parts) and our government might as well get some of our tax money back by taking their cut. It would be a shame for these to be destroyed - which is the most likely scenario. SK will probably not be allowed to sell them to anyone else.

Also, you can (or could) pretty easily get AP rounds for the 30-06 for not much money. God forbid we all load up our garands and shoot holes in thick steel plating!

even the non AP rounds will still go threw 1/4" steel plate. the AK round didn't even scratch the paint.

Even if this was true, their logic fails. There is still a significant amount of money to be made on these rifles (even just for parts) and our government might as well get some of our tax money back by taking their cut. It would be a shame for these to be destroyed - which is the most likely scenario. SK will probably not be allowed to sell them to anyone else.

You don't honestly expect the government to use logic do you?

• 2 weeks later...