is this a scam?

phil

this cant be a scam, i mean its from craigslist;)

Hello ,

You have to know that the 1999 Honda CBR I am selling is 100% working and great looking, no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage. The title is clear. It has 5,918 miles. This bike engine runs very very smooth. No electrical problems on this beauty. As I know that my current situation is pretty special I want the deal closed only through eBay's Buyer Protection Program in order for you to be 100% protected. You will make the payment to eBay and they will hold the money until you receive the bike. ONLY AFTER you receive the bike and inspect it (for 10 days) eBay will release the payment to me; in this way we are both protected. Anyway i am sure that if you won`t be satisfied with the bike i will surely find another buyer in your area and there will be no need for you to ship the bike back. I am located in Athens, Greece and I was sent here to improve the military relationships between our country and Greece. One month ago, my wife moved here with me and brought the bike with her, but now we have to sell it back in the United States because we are unable to register this bike here because i would have to pay very high import/custom taxes. My final price on it is $1550. If you will take it for this price, I am willing to handle the shipping. It will be shipped from here by plane with US Air Military Cargo so it will not cost me anything. You will get it to the nearest airport in your area and then it will be trucked forward to your place. You will receive the bike in about 4 days. Please get back to me asap if you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name and address where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive all the transaction payment and shipping details from them.

Thank you and have a nice day,

Lt. Nickolas Senty

First thing I thought to myself when I saw the thread title is, does it say anything about the miliitary and being out of country? Yep, scam.

Also about the ebay part. They send you a bogus ebay page, looks professional, but not authentic.

• 5 months later...