Incredible 2.2 Root ?'s

Gergwheel1647545492

So i have 2.2 on my Incredible and I want to root it. I see that UnRevoked has a program to root it, is that also the ROM that i will need? or do i need to get another ROM? if so what ROM's are the best? sorry if these are stupid questions, but im a newb when it comes to rooting a phone.

finally got unrevoked and got it rooted, super easy, but you just have to find the right software (see below). anyone have a recommendation on what ROM to use on an incredible?

hint: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=unrevokedtest

link at the top is unrevoked 3.2

If it is anything like the droid 1 then no I have no recommendations. A coworker has the exact same phone but different roms perform better or worse then they do on mine. They don't make the hardware in the phone identical so you need to try all the ROMs and find out what one works best on your phone.

So how's it working for you? did it allow you to remove the excess bloatware?

working good so far. i have tried 2 different ROM's. I need to DL more tonight though. yes it is easy to remove the excess programs, just have to go into nandroid to get them out of there.

ive tried to read into all this stuff, and its like reading arabic. i dont understand it a bit. haha. i just want to be able to remove some of the crap VZW put onto the phone and fix the stupid slow charge issue they changed with this update...3+ hours to charge a phone from 12% to 100% (and not even a true 100%...without bump charging it, it scurries down to ~90-91% within 10 minutes of unplugging) is bullshit. if i could just get a little better battery life/charging, and the bloatware gone, id be thrilled

i dont get all this custom rom stuff...im going to assume if i dont get it, its probably something im not going to worry about.