Nissan exterra 1 bicyclist 0

Benner

Just watched a girl on a bike get creamed by an external on lane. Slid about 30 feet. Word of advice to all you bikers. Wait for the crossing symbol to cross. Just to give u an idea of how hard she got hit, the exterra had a brush garden and it still rippled the passenger fender. Luckily she was still conscious and responding when the cops came.

Yeah she was responsive and didn't look to bad except fpr the side of her face was cut up where she hit the asphalt. Pretty sure she'll have internal injuries as hard as she was hit. But hopefully I'm wrong. I was relieved to see that she was crying when I got to her cause it told me ahe was still conscious. I told one of the peoe there to hold her head still incase of neck injuries and her knees were up in the air so we kept them there encased she went into shock. Luckily she listened when I told her to justay there.

We have all the same rights of the road that you do.

maybe it has to do with where i live.

2 lane road( one lane in each direction), steady flow of traffic. a cyclist going 15 mph riding on the inside of the white line, causing everyone behind them to slow down or wait for oncoming traffic to clear so we can pass. tell me that shit aint annoying.

maybe it has to do with where i live.

2 lane road( one lane in each direction), steady flow of traffic. a cyclist going 15 mph riding on the inside of the white line, causing everyone behind them to slow down or wait for oncoming traffic to clear so we can pass. tell me that shit aint annoying.

I fully realize it's annoying. Trust me I do. But there are some cyclists that ride in place that shouldnt be ridden and they give a bad rep to good cyclists. (example: Dad was talking to guy about riding and he complained of getting run off the road like 7 times this year alone. Well dad asked him where he was riding and he said down St. Rt. 3. Thats a good example of riding somewhere you shouldnt ride.)

But you have to deal with cyclists if they have the road. Cyclists have to obey all of the same laws thats cars do.

Damn bikes.just need to obey traffic lights, I see them run reds all the time. And if you run the red you get what you deserved.

I think it just slipped her mind. The light turned green for Lane and she immediately crossed. I'm guessing she was watching the traffic lights and saw they changed and didn't even think about the fact that hers hadn't. I just hope she's okay.

And that I won't have to go to court since I gave a statement.

Damn bikes.just need to obey traffic lights, I see them run reds all the time. And if you run the red you get what you deserved.

Agree and i cycle. If you run a red light and get personal with a exterra grill its obviously the cyclist fault. But when are riding against time, if no one is coming ill slide out instead of waiting another 30sec while my hr drops and the average speed drops. Illegal? yes, but road riding since i was in high school and ive never caused an accident or been hit(knock on wood).

as far as people piling up behind bikers its fucking infuriating for us too. We arnt out there to cause a traffic delay...riders need to their part and hug the white line as much as possible(with out having to ride in gravel or hit potholes). Drivers need to know its ok to pass cyclists with out going completely into on coming traffic. As long as you dont clip me, im used to ppl passing me going 50-60mph by a foot or so. It is what it is.

What it comes down to is mutual respect and the realization that there are asshole motorists and asshole cyclists.

And if ever get honked at by someone with a CR sticker, ill rub by sweaty finely saved balls on your forehead.:D

( i do like the "ride lance ride" comments from passing cars though)