Who does work on Ford 8.8 rearends?

dover

I have a "built" 8.8, and it clanks and grinds. I hit a bump today and now the thing sounds like it is about to fall apart (which it probably is!)

What's done:

Ford 8.8

FRPP 3.55's

Moser 33 Spline Axles

Moser Spool

UPR Upper Control Arms

UPR Lower Control Arms

UPR Spherical Bushings

UPR Anti-Roll Bar

UPR Differential Cover

C-Clip Eliminators

It could be something simple or it could be fucked I don't care I just need it fixed. PM me or post you're estimate.

AND Since I always seem to pay WAY more than I figure on, I would like a WRITTEN estimate prior to work being performed. Thanks.

Post up some more details and I will ask the guy who does the rear end set ups on race cars for my dad.

Make sure you get lots of pics of the issue just incase you need them for recovery of lost money. I have learned my lesson the hard way about not doing that :(

Dover this is an Estimate = To judge and form an opinion of the value of, from imperfect data, -- either the extrinsic (money), or intrinsic (moral), value; to fix the worth of roughly or in a general way;

Thats not locking in a price anywhere.

BTW Pull the rearend yourself and save some money.

He had plenty of opportunities to stay around, and he defends himself just fine to anyone who will or won't listen.

Tell ya what, Bill. For all the shit you talked about him and all the stories you've fed people from the sidelines, you're sure all about kissing his ass now. It'd probably be a great idea to stay outta this.

Unless something rob directly did to cause this I don't think its fair to tras the man when he can't defend his self.

Hey Shanton! according to Business Law a Company or Business must provide their customers with and ESTIMATE prior to work in the case that it is more than 10% of the written estimate a call to the customer prior to performing further work. Check your facts.

It's an external grinding and clanking noise, I am almost positive it is from the ebrake on the right wheel. It happened as soon as I left his shop the first time and I took it back and he attempted to fix it.

ALSO I am not FUCKING bashing Rob he is gone for a family emergency and I need the car fixed. Quit assuming Thorne.

Yes it has solid spherical bushings.

Shanton I would take it out but I really don't think I should have to after I paid to have it done, I paid for competence not for me to have to turn around and fix the fucking thing.

Shanton, you are right... that is the definition of an estimate. But they can not say this will be $1,000 and then charge you $5,000 after the work is complete and you are there picking up a car. If you are quoted $1,000 they can not exceed 10% of that with out notifying you prior to performing the work.

So both you and Dover are right :)... for once lol

Hey Shanton! according to Business Law a Company or Business must provide their customers with and ESTIMATE prior to work in the case that it is more than 10% of the written estimate a call to the customer prior to performing further work. Check your facts.

It's an external grinding and clanking noise, I am almost positive it is from the ebrake on the right wheel. It happened as soon as I left his shop the first time and I took it back and he attempted to fix it.

ALSO I am not FUCKING bashing Rob he is gone for a family emergency and I need the car fixed. Quit assuming Thorne.

Yes it has solid spherical bushings.

Shanton I would take it out but I really don't think I should have to after I paid to have it done, I paid for competence not for me to have to turn around and fix the fucking thing.

Id be happy to look at it Dover, and no I wouldnt charge you

Not asking for warranty work, did you even read the original post?

Yep, I did. It's my understanding that Rob installed all of those parts you list in your first post. I would feel that if the parts he installed aren't working together very nicely, he would be responsible for having the first look at it. Some call that standing behind your work, or a "warranty".

You should think a bit before jumping down somebody's throat. If you recall I too had quite a bit of work done at Rob's. Not talking exclusively out of my ass here.

Yep, I did. It's my understanding that Rob installed all of those parts you list in your first post. I would feel that if the parts he installed aren't working together very nicely, he would be responsible for having the first look at it. Some call that standing behind your work, or a "warranty".

You should think a bit before jumping down somebody's throat. If you recall I too had quite a bit of work done at Rob's. Not talking exclusively out of my ass here.

Yeah I understand what you are saying but when I stated that I DID try and contact Rob for him to have first look at it and he was unavailable due to his personal business I began my outlook on CR Sponsors. SO I guess what do I owe you here, a thanks for what I already knew and tried? Quit being so sensitive on the internet and if this thread doesn't pertain to you (which it doesn't) do me a favor and don't post in it, or you can take a long trip off CR. Anything I missed?

Mike I will give you a call.

Thanks Buckeye, guess I'll have to find you that XXXXXXL Helmet you need now lol.

Yeah I understand what you are saying but when I stated that I DID try and contact Rob for him to have first look at it and he was unavailable due to his personal business I began my outlook on CR Sponsors. SO I guess what do I owe you here, a thanks for what I already knew and tried? Quit being so sensitive on the internet and if this thread doesn't pertain to you (which it doesn't) do me a favor and don't post in it, or you can take a long trip off CR. Anything I missed?

You don't owe me anything there, guy. You might however consider making a sticky with a little how-to outlining how one might go about determining whether a thread does or does not "pertain" to them. That would at least almost justify your ban threat. I think any reasonable person can look at what I've posted thus far in your thread here and see that I've really done no wrong.

In the future I'll do my best to avoid your free-swinging banhammer here on the CR internets, I suppose, as past attempts at truly reasonable interaction have failed.

dover if you dont have anyone by this weekend possibly Friday cuz im trying to get it offf I can climb under there and take a look it would be best if you could jack it up and ill get under there and shake it down

if you can read that its free no charge cuz of the deal you gave my wife on the wheels