Snowboard crew.. questions..

dragknee66

Its been about 8 years since Ive had snowboard stuff so Im quite out of the loop.

I dont want cheap stuff and I dont need pro stuff..

What should I expect to pay for decent items of the following

Board (probably just a freestyle board)

Bindings (strap ins)

Boots

Goggles (Ill probably just get Oakleys hah)

Jacket

Pants

Gloves

I need the whole setup again, average price ranges please

i cant give you a price range but if your buying brand new go to a snowboard shop locally try on all this stuff an then buy it online. so many amazing deals online for packages with free shipping.

if ur buying used board bindings an boots expect to pay about 150-200(boughten two setups mine an my sisters for 150)

shanton was telling me tj max had snowboard jacket for stupid cheap(this was last season) pants i belive as well

goggles just go get a non fogging pair from iron pony for 10 bucks

where do you plan on boarding at?

sorry i was no help but hey im excited for the season :lol:

Check out http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/ , sometimes they have some killer deals on decent gear, but never buy boots you can't try on first. I really work them out too, jump in them, walk in them, sit in them for half an hour while you are looking at other boots. Be wary of pressure points, and heel lift. They are the single most important part of your equipment.

Even wheeling and dealing I would expect to pay at least $500 for OK gear. (I think I paid $400 for my last deck alone)

$250 deck

$100 boots

$70 sale bindings

$50 sale jacket

$50 sale Pants

Be selective but always remember there have been few milestones in snowboard tech as of recent. Don't buy into the hype. Medium flex sandwich board, with any quick-release bindings will do for 90% of east-riders. Only if you really plan on specializing in something, or doing specific terrain, do you need to be more judicious. For instance I have an Academy I ride, with T9 bindings, and in Ohio, and surrounding areas I've never had any issues park or piste, but when I go out west I ride longer, stiffer (LOL) Arbor freeride board, with backseat offset, and floaty-er nose.

Edited by sol740

Even wheeling and dealing I would expect to pay at least $500 for OK gear. (I think I paid $400 for my last deck alone)

$250 deck

$100 boots

$70 sale bindings

$50 sale jacket

$50 sale Pants

This is pretty much it. Mine was a tad bit more just because i sprung for a nicer deck and bindings

Sometime in the next few months we (Ski Patrol at Mad River Mountain) will be having our annual Ski/Snowboard Swap. Anyone, including the public, is allowed to come down and put stuff up for sale. Every shop in Columbus and quite a few from surrounding areas come and put stuff up too. It's a great time to find some good deals. I don't know the date yet, but when I do it will be posted up here.

Other than that, go to any (real) local shop and you will be fine. You don't have to spend that much money on 'entry' level gear to get some really nice, new gear.

Oh, and if you haven't already completely ignore Paul and Dan's post in here. Well, always ignore Paul. I can't tell if Dan was trying to be serious or not, but there are very good reason that the equipment he is talking about is baned on every ski hill in the US.

Oh, and if you haven't already completely ignore Paul and Dan's post in here. Well, always ignore Paul. I can't tell if Dan was trying to be serious or not, but there are very good reason that the equipment he is talking about is baned on every ski hill in the US.

Imnot sure what you mean by this comment?