Really fast street cars drag week coverage

wagner

I LOVE seeing that old little house at the end of NTR videos. I will own that land someday.

It is crazy to see the old Nitro car vids and they are pulling the chutes before they are even thru the traps!

You going to come out to the fun? I still owe you a case of beer...

Street cars? Yeah, cause everyone on the street rolls on slicks, parachutes and wheelie bars. Those cars are race cars.

Maybe you should read up on how Drag Week works?

http://www.hotrod.com/dragweek/2010/hrdp_1005_2010_hot_rod_drag_week_official_dates_rules/index.html

These are true steet cars.

Yea man u cant roll with a chute on the stReet. man if u pull it ud get horrible gas mileage. i should do a comparo. shute packed vs open lol. My chute interferes with my driving. its all i think about. oh yea and my slicks. wait they run et streets dot tires. dang. i guess they are street cars. try again rook

Oh sweet, so if I stick headlights on a pro-stock car and drive it down the street its now considered a street car. Not that I consider drag racing actual racing, but whatever...carry on.

You should stick to arguing about cell phones and defending the honor of German cars, makes you look less dumb.

You should stick to arguing about cell phones and defending the honor of German cars, makes you look less dumb.

Ah yes, going with the old "I'm going to personally attack you because I have nothing to back up my side of the story with"

Opinions on what a street car is are going to vary...deal with it.

Oh sweet, so if I stick headlights on a pro-stock car and drive it down the street its now considered a street car. Not that I consider drag racing actual racing, but whatever...carry on.

yea its not actual racing. you driving your import 65mph on the freeway is.

carryon

wow somone should ban this idiot. drag racing is not racing. but hes on a sight with all drag racers and maybe 5 autocrossers.

Ah yes, going with the old "I'm going to personally attack you because I have nothing to back up my side of the story with"

Opinions on what a street car is are going to vary...deal with it.

That was a kind of low blow and CR like retort on my part but it was also in good fun.

Now I can back up my side of the story pretty easy. All you need to do is look at the rules and it lays it out that these are street cars. Now do they have A/C or power steering? Maybe not but neither do some cars that come from the factory that are street cars.

I think the fact they can make such a long journey and run at the track makes them pretty streetable in my eyes. Also the fact that Larson has run 6's in Vegas and they drove the car down the strip without issue is proof enough.

Again opinions will vary and you are correct wit that, now way around it.

The fact that people can now build cars that can be driven on the street and run these numbers is pretty cool.

As for the drag racing comment that really is a matter of opinion. It is very easy to drive a 12's or slower car as long as you can get it out of the hole. Hell I used to think drag racing was easy until I took a ride in a low 9's car.

Drag racing is more than just mashing the gas unless you are doing Test and tune. Ask Ray, Mark, Matt, or Chad how easy it is to drive a car that runs single digits in the quarter :)

Watch 5:10 in....

Street car??????? only been 3 miles?????

I think not.... and I would rock a crazy street car that most would not.

Yeah I thought that was crazy! Never driven it more than 3 miles then take it on Drag Week? More balls than brains there...

Now would your car be more crazy than the V8 Kcar that is rolling in that vid?

That was a kind of low blow and CR like retort on my part but it was also in good fun.

Now I can back up my side of the story pretty easy. All you need to do is look at the rules and it lays it out that these are street cars. Now do they have A/C or power steering? Maybe not but neither do some cars that come from the factory that are street cars.

I think the fact they can make such a long journey and run at the track makes them pretty streetable in my eyes. Also the fact that Larson has run 6's in Vegas and they drove the car down the strip without issue is proof enough.

Again opinions will vary and you are correct wit that, now way around it.

The fact that people can now build cars that can be driven on the street and run these numbers is pretty cool, unless you have an auto

As for the drag racing comment that really is a matter of opinion. It is very easy to drive a 12's or slower car as long as you can get it out of the hole. Hell I used to think drag racing was easy until I took a ride in a low 9's car.

Drag racing is more than just mashing the gas unless you are doing Test and tune. Ask Ray, Mark, Matt, or Chad how easy it is to drive a car that runs single digits in the quarter :)

It's all good bruh. It's not like I didnt expect to get flamed for thread shitting. Hell no its not easy.

yea its not actual racing. you driving your import 65mph on the freeway is.

carryon

wow somone should ban this idiot. drag racing is not racing. but hes on a sight with all drag racers and maybe 5 autocrossers.

Sorry I don't live my life a 1/4 mile at a time in a POS 'mercan pickup truck, best 8 seconds of my life!!! SLAM THE GAS AND HOLD ON YEAH FUCKING RACING!

Take it easy dude, i've gone down the 1/4 too, and its fun. Don't get so offended.

Edited by kickass

im not offended. your stupid. you think all the skill it takes to build a car that is not only streetable and fast is easy. think again. larry larson wich owns the nova has spent his whole life to building a street car that can still run retarded fast. to say that what they are doing isint racing is absolutly stupid. you take your production street car, stick it on a autocross track. go a top speed of 80 mph and you think your racing? racing your stock street car is in no way racing compared to trying to get a easy 6 sec car to be a street car and live. instead of being a homo why dont you try and turn your street car into a fuckin 6 sec streetable car? cant do it huh. then SHUTUP already.

I overheard someone saying that the '57 was back at Trails last night, not racing though, and that it had trapped 207 somewhere and then made the return trip back. I'd say it's proving that it can run on the street, but I'm sure the cooler air isn't hurting anyone either.