• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dictionary.com

swag·ger [swag-er]

–verb (used without object)

1. to walk or strut with a defiant or insolent air.

2. to boast or brag noisily.

–verb (used with object)

3. to bring, drive, force, etc., by blustering.

–noun

4. swaggering manner, conduct, or walk; ostentatious display of arrogance and conceit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:

1580–90; swag + -er

—Related forms

swag·ger·er, noun

outswagger, verb (used with object)

—Synonyms

1. See strut1 .

urbandictionary.com

Swagger

Swagger is the confidence exuded as a reflection of ones dress, shoe game, attitude, and how one handles a situation.

You can learn how to dress just by jocking my fresh

Jocking jocking my fresh

Jocking jocking my fresh

Follow my steps, it's the road to success

Where the n****s know you thorough

And the girls say yes

But I can't teach you my swag

You can pay for school but you can't buy class

School of hard knocks

I'm a grad

And that all-blue Yankee is my graduation cap

--Jay Z////Swagger Like Us

Anytime someone quotes Jay Z as a description and/or definition they lose all credibility. I totally agree with OP.

The whole swagger "movement" is RETARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Swagger this, Swagger that. stupid.

:wtf: greatest rapper of all time. :gtfo:

no way.

Biggie Smalls is the greatest rapper of all time.

and...

Eminem is the GREATEST RAPPER ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

imo

The whole swagger "movement" is RETARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Swagger this, Swagger that. stupid.

no way.

and...

imo

Em? Um top 5 not the best. Jay is the best, wayne in 2nd, andre 300 ti drake big boi then em. Don't give me the bigie speal, great for his time, but the game has changed and current rappers all out spit him. Technically I put cassidy up there but u don't know shit about that. And swag has meaning, u jus don't comprehend the reality behind it.

no way.

and...

imo

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/168831-3/Sheep_eating.gif

:wtf: greatest rapper of all time. :gtfo:

Well, agree to disagree. Also, greatest rapper or not his "swagger", and grammar for that matter, is atrocious.

Em? Um top 5 not the best. Jay is the best, wayne in 2nd, andre 300 ti drake big boi then em. Don't give me the bigie speal, great for his time, but the game has changed and current rappers all out spit him. Technically I put cassidy up there but u don't know shit about that. And swag has meaning, u jus don't comprehend the reality behind it.

I can't stand Andre, Lil Wayne (what a joke), TI (Talentless Imbecile), etc. At least Eminem, Biggie, and some others rap (which I can hardly stand anymore anyways) about life. About what they've been through. About experiences and where they've come from.

If I hear anyone tell me about their bitches and benjamins anymore I'm gonna trout smack them. I don't care about your dirty skank ho's or how much money high schoolers threw at you by buying your album to bump in their sweet Lesabre with 2 12's in the trunk.

Just my thoughts though. :)

Well, agree to disagree. Also, greatest rapper or not his "swagger", and grammar for that matter, is atrocious.

I can't stand Andre, Lil Wayne (what a joke), TI (Talentless Imbecile), etc. At least Eminem, Biggie, and some others rap (which I can hardly stand anymore anyways) about life. About what they've been through. About experiences and where they've come from.

If I hear anyone tell me about their bitches and benjamins anymore I'm gonna trout smack them. I don't care about your dirty skank ho's or how much money high schoolers threw at you by buying your album to bump in their sweet Lesabre with 2 12's in the trunk.

Just my thoughts though. :)

Benjamens? No one says that anymore man, and if u listen to wayne I guarentee you will change ur mind. He has freestyled every lyric for the past 5 yrs. Jay does the same, if u can't satnd andre u don't know rap. Em is jus reputable cause he's played more than anyone on the radio. Cassidy puts together the best punch lines or all time, drake has a differnt style, and ti tells the best story plots. You don't know shit about rap so how can u even say who is good and who isn't?

Yeah, back in Biggie's day these wanna be rappers now-a-days can't compare. the songs now have like 10 different hooks, and 1 and 2 line verses... are you kidding me?? and in all that u don't mention Eminem? cause he at the very least should make that wack top 5 u listed.

Wayne I can agree with, but to not put eminem in that list is just plain racist. Wayne is the ONLY one that could compete in that list.

Have you ever listened to Biggie Smalls? wow. you are like brain washed with top 40 or some shit.

Rap/pop culture has a tendency to ruin things.

Hennessy: Once a delicious cognac, now it's like pimp juice and I'm embarrassed to order it. But if I ask for a Brandy I get a funny look.

Patron: I cant even say the name without pronouncing it patroooowwwwwnnn in my head

I can't even use the word "situation" anymore without thinking about some jagoff with no shirt on. No homo

Benjamens? No one says that anymore man, and if u listen to wayne I guarentee you will change ur mind. He has freestyled every lyric for the past 5 yrs. Jay does the same, if u can't satnd andre u don't know rap. Em is jus reputable cause he's played more than anyone on the radio. Cassidy puts together the best punch lines or all time, drake has a differnt style, and ti tells the best story plots. You don't know shit about rap so how can u even say who is good and who isn't?

I agree, I don't know anything about rap anymore. I've moved on to music. Nowhere in my post did I "say who is good and who isn't". I simply said, "I can't stand..." It's just personal preference. I just don't like them and don't really like rap. That's all.

Fuck AutoTune

QFT.

eh, tupac was a an actor turned studio gangster. he was good at writing poetry.

Yup. Studio gangsters usually run around shooting other people. Just like Ja Rule.

Rap/pop culture has a tendency to ruin things.

Hennessy: Once a delicious cognac, now it's like pimp juice and I'm embarrassed to order it. But if I ask for a Brandy I get a funny look.

Patron: I cant even say the name without pronouncing it patroooowwwwwnnn in my head

I can't even use the word "situation" anymore without thinking about some jagoff with no shirt on. No homo

Also QFT.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_vPeL-rnev2o/Rx5M_pA8PhI/AAAAAAAABIc/iNq7aMWiv58/s320/tupac+juice.jpg

pre thug -

actor turned rapper. i think he thought he was still the character from the movie after it was done. i think shuge helped him become a gangster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFr8WngrFpI - non thug

- to thug

I enjoy listening to rap every now and again. 99% of the time its not because I think its good, but it's funny, kinda like listening to parody songs. They arent good, usually they have no talent, but they are silly bitches.

I mean just look at Lil Wayne...he looks like a clown, how can anyone take him serious? But I'll listen to him.

Popularity doesn't make someone the best. I can respect Wayne's approach but to call him one of the best is a stretch. He grunts, moans and mumbles on his tracks. That's not talent.

Drake is good right now but I question his longevity. Most rappers fade after their 3rd or 4th album because they can't adapt or find new content. And honestly, I'm tired of hearing how hard drake has it because of how much work he does.

Cassidy could have been great. His mix tapes and freestyles were amazing, but every album was so full of BS "I love you" shit that I lost respect.

Now Jay-Z.. IMO one of the very best artists period... Not just in rap. The man has been around since 95-96 making music, his style has adapted his content has changed and after 14plus years in the game he's still relevant, and not just relevant but one of, if not THEE best at it? Come on name an artist you listened to 10 years ago who is still on top of their game... now even if you don't like his music you can't deny his talent.

As for Eminem, everyone has their own opinion of what make the best rapper, but I think Em respects the game and works hard at it. His biggest down fall is his content doesn't change much. Although Recover was a great album and I thought he did a good job at switching it up a bit.

Big Boi defiantly isn't top 5... He would even admit to that. :lol:

My top 5 in no order...

Jay Z

Big L

Talib Kwli

Eminem

TI

Sorry, didn't mean to thread jack. I just have to much sawg to be held back ;)

^ not so much. i am into EDM more than anything, but can appercaite greatness.

eh, tupac was a an actor turned studio gangster. he was good at writing poetry.

WHAT!? Did you not understand his THUG LIFE movement? :gtfo: Pac rapped to let people know what was going on. He was THUG LIFE. He took on issues and rapped about issues that he saw in his community and took the heat for it. WHY? Because he believed in it. He knew that if hew could bring attention to the streets by rapping about it (even if it offended people) that people would HAVE to deal with it. To say Pac was a studio gangster is stupid. The man at the height of his popularity was going to house party's in the fuckin hood, he never left the streets.