GT5 updates

ImUrOBGYN

Nascar, kart racing, two carreer modes, weather affects, damage, etc, etc, etc

I believe I may've posted a thread awhile back for this update:

Old update:

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5247.html

And here's the new stuff:

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5297p1.html

Just reserved my copy today. Holy sticker shock! Collector's Ed. is $107! :eek: It better come with some good stuff.

i know! ridiculous!

we reserved ours from gamestop:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=78225

Pre-order Gran Turismo 5 and receive two GameStop exclusive in-game cars, the McLaren F1 Stealth model, and Joey Logano's #20 NASCAR Nationwide series car.

* McLaren F1 Stealth Model - Custom tuned for improved performance, including weight reduction, and increased power. Also features custom carbon fiber “Stealth” paint scheme with Gran Turismo racing logos.

* GameStop NASCAR Car with Gran Turismo design - Joey Logano's #20 Nationwide NASCAR featuring Gran Turismo 5 racing logos.

Available online and in-store while supplies last.

Online Customers: A code and instructions on how to redeem your exclusive in-game cars will be emailed when the game releases.

Store / In-Store Pickup Customers: A code and instructions on how to redeem your exclusive in-game cars will be printed on your receipt at time of purchase.

Bonus Details

The Gran Turismo® 5 Collector’s Edition delivers an exciting, must-have collection of exclusive items hand-picked for Gran Turismo fans, including:

* GranTurismo 5 game

* An exclusive 1:43 scale collectible diecast Nissan GT-R Spec V with custom GT livery designed by Polyphony Digital and produced by well-known collectible car maker, Kyosho

* In-depth 300-page guide to cars and racing techniques written by the developers, Polyphony

* Digital GT-branded stainless steel key chain

* Voucher for five (5) DLC cars with custom livery and tuning upgrades

* Numbered certificate of authenticity Premium collector's packaging

STFU worth the money.

It better be... I hope the physics improve, because right now Forza gets my nod. But since noone makes a good wheel for Forza, and Microsoft stopped making their wheel, I can only assume that Microsoft is giving up on the Forza vs GT fight and Forza 4 will be a controller-centric arcade racer.

You killed it for me right there. Forza please, thank you.

It's just interesting that they're packing it all in. Whether many of us like it or not, Nascar has a huge following. And, if it's in GT (and it is) I will master it. Besides, I do have at least a bit of interest in anything motorsports.

You 'enjoy' your Forza like a caveman enjoys having to kill with a stick. What he don't know won't hurt him. ;)

See, this is why I didn't buy a PS3 when I was ready to upgrade from a PS2. I almost only play racing games, I would have had to wait this damn long for it to come out. Based on time, and I haven't researched at all I would expect to see Forza 4 or something to be along pretty soon....and they will always be one upping each other...

See, this is why I didn't buy a PS3 when I was ready to upgrade from a PS2. I almost only play racing games, I would have had to wait this damn long for it to come out. Based on time, and I haven't researched at all I would expect to see Forza 4 or something to be along pretty soon....and they will always be one upping each other...

I'd rather have GT and a friend with Forza. ;)

The only racing games I’ve played longer than a week before selling them out of boredom are the original gran turismo (it was something fresh and new) and grid for 360, which is still by far my favorite racing game. GT5 looks like something that will get old quick just like everything else.

The only racing games I’ve played longer than a week before selling them out of boredom are the original gran turismo (it was something fresh and new) and grid for 360, which is still by far my favorite racing game. GT5 looks like something that will get old quick just like everything else.

Your asshole gets old and tiring to me quickly.

:marc2: Only 84% gay. ^

I measured it with my penis.

Vice Versa...buddy haha

Looks like you and I are set then, man! :D

I just got a 3D TV yesterday (wife said it's an early Christmas gift :) ) and now I definitely think I need a PS3!

Bastard. GT will have a 3D mode. I was at Best Buy the other day watching a demo on a Sony 3D TV. There was a racing game on there, new motorstorm maybe (it looked similar). Looked pretty f'n sweet.

I read something that said that most video games from the last two years or so are 3D capable. They just never had the capability to display 3D on your tv before. Supposedly it could be as easy as a DirectX upgrade and a video card that can do 3D. Anything built on versions later than DirectX 8 has 3D information in it. Which means PC games since 2002 are 3D capable.

I'd wonder if I could plug a CPU into my TV and use that to play PC games in 3D. First-person shooter games would be awesome.