CCW case...agree or disagree??

Putty

no matter what the law says, it's purpose is to protect people.

these people helped someone where the law was A) unable to do so and B) unclear as to what someone in their position may do. fuck the law, these people protected another person with no lives lost or physical harm done. apply common sense, and you don't need to think that hard about it.

You know the answer to that. I wouldn't have pulled out my gun. There are plenty of other ways to deal with a situation like that than pull a gun. I'm not afraid to take a hit from a baseball bat, I've taken much worse than that before. Once they introduce a gun into the situation, then I'll pull mine unless I feel like carving a fool up. I'm not saying I am billy bad ass, but I have seen enough and personally been a part of enough to know how to resolve serious situations without the use of a firearm.

If someone else has to pull a gun first before you pull yours, then they have the drop and you are dead. What are they going to do once they see you pulling out a gun when they already have theirs out on you? They are going to shoot. I agree if you pull your gun you better be prepared to use it but that doesn't mean you should be reactive instead of proactive. What good does it do you to pull your gun if they already have theirs pulled on you. As for taking a hit with a baseball bat...someone could easily kill you with a baseball bat...why would I want to take a chance at getting hit in the head with a baseball bat when I could just avoid physical harm to myself by having my firearm at the ready? That's the whole point to a firearm...to protect yourself and a baseball bat is a deadly weapon just like a knife, ice pick, or whatever else. The whole point is to have an advantage in the situation, not willingly jump into a situation where you are knowingly at a disadvantage.

We have completely different perspectives on this. And that's fine, I just know what I know from what I've actually seen.

I have real world experience and you have classroom experience.

I've been hit in the head multiple times with a lead pipe and I'm still here. Yes, I probably could have been hurt or died, but that didn't happen.

I'm not saying I can't be wrong, but I have been in a lot of different situations with knives, guns, bats, machine guns, etc pointed at me and I'm still here.

If you want to just pull guns on people that's fine, but realize it can be the wrong move and realize there is always someone who can pull that trigger faster and more accurately than you can. Pulling a gun out doesn't necessarily mean you have the advantage in the situation at all. I've seen plenty of people proven wrong by this and a lot of them are cops.

This is absolutely correct. But I always tell people you have no business pulling out your gun unless you intend to use it. A gun is not designed to deter a situation, it is designed to end it. Anyone carrying a gun should be using it as a last line of defense. Any man should be able to defuse a situation without his gun. If he is just pulling a gun out with no intent to use it, he is a pussy and deserves for someone to shoot him. :bangbang:

^^ my belief too. My Martial Arts instructor as a kid always carried a gun as he was also a police officer and I remember when one of my classmates asked him why he carries it if he never intended to use it. His response was exactly as noted above. There are better ways to diffuse situations, with fighting being next to last. To end the situation that absolutely requires it, is what the gun was for. As far as I know, he never had to pull it out.