School me on Turbo 5.0L

2highpsi

The 70mm turbo is plenty enough. You can upgrade to the Master Power, but the On3 Turbo is the same specs too. 42lb injectors will be enough. Brian at dyno tune can tune it for you. He has tuned plenty of turbo 5.0's. Edited by ICEMAN

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't run a mls head gasket. His somethings going to give I want the head gasket to be first

this I understand but dont repeat it cuz these kids would rather blow a motor to say they have MLS gaskets YO

but I run mls gaskets cuz I didnt build the car to blow up like the kids do

oh and th OP is not going to be happy with the car in any form due to him not caring about HP number but knows that HP numbers mean trap speed..

Trap speed is HP

ET AKA how quick the car is, is TQ but who cares how much of either it makes cuz dynos all read diff

but if you use the same dyno for everyting and dont be a ricer and a poser fuck and go to 5 diff dynos cuz your a cheap bastard then it does not matter...

end non readable rant

and again and again and again

I like putting band aids on things that need stitches too

How fast is your turbo Mustang? Because I went a 5.82@119 in the 1/8 and coast through at. 9.32@126 to try to keep from getting kicked out of KilKare. But then again I sure you know more about them then I do

How fast is your turbo Mustang? Because I went a 5.82@119 in the 1/8 and coast through at. 9.32@126 to try to keep from getting kicked out of KilKare. But then again I sure you know more about them then I do

I dont have one tough guy.

With the way you guys were talking you would think MLS gaskets are copper headgaskets with wire locks

Ice, did you get to make it out at all this year with your fox, or do you still have it? Havent heard much and know you talked about putting the setup on a notch but never heard anything more.

As for upgrades, its all up to you on what you would want. I daily drive my 02, it has all of our On3 parts, turbo, bov, w/g, maf kit, etc. Currently has about 13,000 miles on it since installed and everthing is perfect. If you want a 1 yr warranty on the turbo, the master power and precision both will carry that warranty. They work well its just what you want and a lot of people like to pay for a certain name.

There has been a handful of guys on stock 302 bottom end cars go mid 10's. There is a notch down south with serious weight reduction, caged, 306 and 5sp going 10.0x last year. That was on our base kit and our On3 70mm

No I never really got the car finished. I got dicked around by a couple of machine shops on my heads. One machine shop had them for almost 2 months and they were in the same bags that I took them there with. I finaly got them back about 3 weeks ago from the second machine shop and I just haven't had the time to mess with it. I'm definitely getting your kit for it though. I'll get with you soon on that. The car is done as far as the fuel system, trany, rear end, cage and all that other major stuff. The only thing left is to put the heads on the shortblock, assemble it, some wiring and the turbo kit. It will be ready for spring for sure.

People seem to be split on the injectors. I may upgrade to be safe. I'm sure I could sell these and recoup some so that will help. I've also read 3.73s and a turbo sucks because it will hit the rev limiter before that traps, so i may change those. Being that I want to drive it on the street I might get rid of the full spool too.

I've started searching mustang forums and trying to learn a bit, and quite honestly I'm a little nervous about splitting the block now. What causes that? Is it too much power on an unbalanced motor, detonation, or what?

People seem to be split on the injectors. I may upgrade to be safe. I'm sure I could sell these and recoup some so that will help. I've also read 3.73s and a turbo sucks because it will hit the rev limiter before that traps, so i may change those. Being that I want to drive it on the street I might get rid of the full spool too.

I've started searching mustang forums and trying to learn a bit, and quite honestly I'm a little nervous about splitting the block now. What causes that? Is it too much power on an unbalanced motor, detonation, or what?

Your good with that block you have for what you want to do, and the injectors I would swap to 60s just for the added insurance and make sure its got a good pump.

The rear end will need changed with a good diff ( I recomend the trac lok with carbon clutchs) and some 3.25s :)

I have seen cars make 475 and split them and seen them go 75rw more than that and live. I dont know the exact cause but a lot of people say rev's kill it. Most guys I talk with keep the shifts at 6k normally and work pretty well. Detonation on 5.0 cars just normally ends up with blown head gaskets a lot of times from what I have seen. People talk about splitting blocks a lot more than it really happens though. With a good tune and setup properly, you have nothing to worry about at 425-450 area.

There is a 5.0 customer over in St. louis thats been running for over a year now and the guy makes 520rwhp. Drives the car all the time and it has never let him down. The good thing about the 5.0, if you do have an engine failure, a new shortblock can be found for $150-200 normally. Granted it takes a full days work to get things swapped and also a gasket kit but its not going to completely break the bank

When buying new injectors, the price difference from 42-60 is only around $40 so we almost always sell 60's with kits. It is way overkill for a 400-450rwhp car but anyone tuning that knows what they are doing will have no issues.

No I never really got the car finished. I got dicked around by a couple of machine shops on my heads. One machine shop had them for almost 2 months and they were in the same bags that I took them there with. I finaly got them back about 3 weeks ago from the second machine shop and I just haven't had the time to mess with it. I'm definitely getting your kit for it though. I'll get with you soon on that. The car is done as far as the fuel system, trany, rear end, cage and all that other major stuff. The only thing left is to put the heads on the shortblock, assemble it, some wiring and the turbo kit. It will be ready for spring for sure.

Did you sell that GT I sold to you?

I have seen cars make 475 and split them and seen them go 75rw more than that and live. I dont know the exact cause but a lot of people say rev's kill it. Most guys I talk with keep the shifts at 6k normally and work pretty well. Detonation on 5.0 cars just normally ends up with blown head gaskets a lot of times from what I have seen. People talk about splitting blocks a lot more than it really happens though. With a good tune and setup properly, you have nothing to worry about at 425-450 area.

There is a 5.0 customer over in St. louis thats been running for over a year now and the guy makes 520rwhp. Drives the car all the time and it has never let him down. The good thing about the 5.0, if you do have an engine failure, a new shortblock can be found for $150-200 normally. Granted it takes a full days work to get things swapped and also a gasket kit but its not going to completely break the bank

When buying new injectors, the price difference from 42-60 is only around $40 so we almost always sell 60's with kits. It is way overkill for a 400-450rwhp car but anyone tuning that knows what they are doing will have no issues.

It's the stupid externally balanced crank/flywheel setups. Go internal, issue resolved.

Did you sell that GT I sold to you?

Yeah I sold it to a guy in Michigan and the car end up making 511 RWHP and 656 TQ at 17 psi on a stock motor intake to oil pan with a throttle body. He is on his 5th stock T5 in it now (keeps breaking them). It went 11.08 @ 133 with a 2.0 60' full interior with stock control arms. I have a video somewhere in my email of it.

He wants over 130mph and that won't happen unless he makes around 520

So would a 70mm turbo, 60lb injectors, and 15 lbs of boost get me there with the motor, heads, intake, cam that's already in the car?

And what's the likelyhood it splitting the block at that power, but keeping the revs below 6k

So would a 70mm turbo, 60lb injectors, and 15 lbs of boost get me there with the motor, heads, intake, cam that's already in the car?

And what's the likelyhood it splitting the block at that power, but keeping the revs below 6k

that sportsmen block will be fine to make 520, not sure why your so worried. If your combo doesnt make what you need to get to your goal trap then turn the boost up.

On my broke-dick setup last year I made 440tq at 4000 rpm...on 7 cylinders, at 8psi. Don't sweat your numbers. You'll make it.