Joining Broken Headlight Lens assembly

ross

if it were me, i would put epoxy on the cut for the strength and then cover the area of the cut with a coat of the silicone to keep moisture out. having a foggy headlight housing sucks and too much moisture getting in can cause the bulbs to blow...my headlight had like 1/2" of water in it from the bike sitting in the rain one day and the bulb blew out.

I have fixed a couple of headlights.

I used abs plumbing fittings ( the black drain fittings ) and made mounting tabs. For glue I used the abs cleaner and glue or JB Weld. I have also made glue by soaking abs shavings from the headlight in abs cleaner.

You can also soak abs pieces in the abs cleaner making them soft and easy to form along curved surfaces.

For glueing make sure you clean the surface with abs cleaner if you use abs glue. Rough up the surface with sand paper if you use JB Weld.

You can get all this stuff cheap at Lowe's or Home Depot.

Good Luck

Reread your post and realized your working on the lens. I have not worked on a lens but maybe hot glue from a hot glue gun would work. Apply glue to housing then heat lens in oven then apply lens to housing.

Edited by phugitive

• 2 months later...