Oil Change light on

Sully

A few weeks ago, my oil change light would stay on for a few minutes after I start the car. I've had this car over 4 years and this is the first time it's done this. It was time for an oil change anyway, so I did that. It's been a couple weeks since the oil change and the light will still stay on for a couple minutes after I start the car. I looked in the Haynes manual to see if there is a way to reset it, but couldn't find anything.

So, why is the light staying on for a couple minutes? How do I get it to stop doing that?

Only 3 times, and this is the way most GMs are, most new cars are buttons, f-bodys were just one of the oddballs.

Didnt know about the f bodies being with the trip reset dial, good to know. have you ever tried the gas pedal trick on an f body to see if they both work?

Didnt know about the f bodies being with the trip reset dial, good to know. have you ever tried the gas pedal trick on an f body to see if they both work?

Usually I just reset it while my computer is hooked up, but I don't think the gas pedal works on them.

Also when they say press the pedal it is all the way to the floor and all the way up...just FYI. I could see this being a question.

Key on - Pedal to floor and up all the way 3 times - light should flash - start car, light should stay on for bulb check then go out with all the rest of the lights. If it stays on alone longer than the rest of the lights, like 30 seconds+ try again.