Fouled wideband sensor, anyone done it?

Guest 614Streets

Guest 614Streets

I believe I fouled out my AEM 02 sensor. The sensor stays at 14.9 , if it reads anything else it has read 14.8.

Break in miles and cruising it was pig rich.

The car did foul out the plugs the only time I was able to run the car at the track about a month and a half ago.

The car runs crankcase out the headers also , Im sure that funked it up as well.

Is this fairly common to foul them out on a pig rich scenario?

Stupid question, but is it all still hooked up properly? I know if the sensor is not plugged in it will read 14.8 on the gauge. Its worth a shot to check the stupid little things before shelling out money for something you may have not needed.

Also what are you running for fuel?

Guest 614Streets

Yeah I will have to double check the settings because it was working correctly before, then again the battery did go to zero for about a week.

Fuel wise I run pump 93 but I have ran c16

How many miles are on the sensor?

I have read mixed thoughts on cleaning the sensor, some say just use a rag to wipe it off, others say use a torch and burn the stuff off and some say use brake cleaner.

I wont advise any of them as i have never done any but im just sharing info i have found on the topic.

I just went throught this with my FD. I chased a faulty wideband readings to the point of replacing the wideband and sending back to be checked and be certified "OK" by the manufacture. I run 93 all the time and my tune is retardedly rich.(rich is safe in a rotary car) I say this because I have checked the sensor and swapped it out several times during my chase for a good reading. It didn't matter. The sensors can take quite a bit of exposure to a rich tune. I have tested this on 3 sensors with the same rich tune, over 3000 miles. I also say this based off of tech support from Innovate. I have spent quite a bit of time on the phone discussing how all these things work together and trouble shooting functions. I put in a different wide band and have an accurate reading.

Swaping to sensor is the first and easiest step to a fix. I recalibrated several times and did see some results from this and it is something commonly over looked. It is pretty likely you may have a bad wide band. It sucks, but it is worth it to send it back to the manufacture to have it check. They have had mine 2 weeks and are just now shipping it back to me fixed for free, after 3 years of running it. Hope this helps a little.

Edited by Mojoe
Spelling owns

Guest 614Streets
Did you run leaded race gas? I heard that can foul out sensors extremely fast.

Just c16 once.

The car WAS so fat though it would shut down and foul the plugs out after wot.

I have been researching this last week on widebands and most people have came to the conclusion that the Bosch sensors fail faster then the NGK ones. Most wideband companies use the Bosch sensors so often times its the sensor that is crapping out before the actual gauge. Atleast thats what I have read...

• 3 weeks later...