boost creep

jeffro

He's speaking on the exhaust side, not intake. He is suggesting that you're dp/exhaust isn't restrictive enough and the exhaust it not flowing through the WG as it should and is causing the boost creep.

right right, my exhaust is a 3" downpipe, i have a 3" to 2.5" exhaust reducer.

clutch is slipping bad, so the boost creep is the least of my worries.

el oh el jeff....

So are you running a 3" open dp now or what? Your posts are confusing somewhat so I'm unsure...From what I remember when running with some vdub guys, they'd either have a cutout or just unbolt the exhaust from the dp to reduce backpressure and increase power, and would also see boost spikes as well.

My car's almost done...it started a couple days ago for teh first time....you gotta get your ish together so we can play....and hit up the november track day with me. :) Wish I could help, but i'm essentially turbo illiterate.

el oh el jeff....

So are you running a 3" open dp now or what? Your posts are confusing somewhat so I'm unsure...From what I remember when running with some vdub guys, they'd either have a cutout or just unbolt the exhaust from the dp to reduce backpressure and increase power, and would also see boost spikes as well.

My car's almost done...it started a couple days ago for teh first time....you gotta get your ish together so we can play....and hit up the november track day with me. :) Wish I could help, but i'm essentially turbo illiterate.

nah dude i explicitly stated im running a 3" open downpipe lol.

yeah i dont even have a full exhaust to hook up lol. as soon as the clutch gets replaced im down to play anytime. :)

ebay setup = ebay performance. replace all ebay items and youll be fine.

david, Why stay away from synapse?

I've had no luck with them what-so-ever. I could never get one to hold less than 21psi. They use a series of passages and nipples to select boost but it doesn't actually work. When you call them they tell you to try a few different things that they're not sure will work or not. Then you call back and they tell you that you need to build a wastegate priority manifold. Their BOVs leak horrendously too. I had high hopes for their products but I'm just going to stick to my tial 38s for now.

A combination of lower temps and open exhaust is causing your creep. My supra has this issue due to the wastegate not flowing enough especially at lower boost. When freeing up my exhaust this exasperated the problem. Lower temps increase the problem.

I will add that generally the freer the exhaust the better for a turbo. Putting your exhaust back on instead of the open downpipe may help a bit, but isn't the real solution to the problem.