anyone have experiance with fireplace...

russian rocket

does any here use wood burning fireplace heaters or know anyone who does. i have been contemplating on buying one for my fireplace and they seem they would work great, i just want to hear from people with first hand experiance.

i have been looking at the ones on woodland direct

particularly these two

http://www.woodlanddirect.com/Fireplace-Accessories/Fireplace-Heaters-Blowers/Wood-Burning-Fireplace-Heater-Large

http://www.woodlanddirect.com/Fireplace-Accessories/Fireplace-Heaters-Blowers/Fireplace-Heater-for-Masonry-Fireplace-5-Tubes-w-Blower

basically i want to know how much of a difference you have noticed and is the blower extremely loud

Once upon a time many years ago, I had a tube grate - pre blower. It seemed to do OK just using convection to move the air, although I had it behind a glass screen. It would seem with a blower it would want to draw smoke into the room (working against the chimney's draw).

The first link with the blower that circulates through the grate looks neat, may be a little less efficient until you got some coals built up under it.

Just my .02.

im personally leaning towards the first one. while it puts out less heat, i still get to keep my doors with it so thats a big plus.

i went and looked at fireplace inserts today and yea, i just cant do it, not only are they an eye sore but they are hellaciously expensive