Bye bye audi..... hello 300zx!

MackDaddy43

ugly? its a family sedan....

this is ugly

http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/500/medium/robs98_jetta_sigline.jpg

Image pwn! I hope you're happy with your new vehicle, that is a very different car than an A4 that's for sure!!! Yeah man, if you want more power you started with the wrong model. Just enjoy it for what is is and look for a TT if you want to go fast. And don't be a ricer and start throwing TT parts on your NA, I've seen it done.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am proud of you and I hope I can make a similar thread very soon. You can spray that motor pretty well and there are some great swaps for it if you decide to keep it.

I'll swear off VAG for life. My German car fascination is Porsche, and that is all. I respect the Audi cars, but never again to I ever want another car I cannot figure out/work on myself. I kick myself every day for not sticking with URABUS. If it doesn't have a warranty I wouldn't consider it. Even then, it will most likely have problems so you better have a backup.

I tried VAG, paid my dues, said fuck a Kraut-mobile and will soon be moving on.

If you jumped into German cars with a B5 S4, and were shocked that it was not reliable, then you didn't spend 5 minutes researching them.

Go buy one of the worst models for reliability, and a highly modded one, of any make, and color me shocked when it does just that.

Please tell me you have other examples that turned you off to Audi other than the S4.

If you jumped into German cars with a B5 S4, and were shocked that it was not reliable, then you didn't spend 5 minutes researching them.

Go buy one of the worst models for reliability, and a highly modded one, of any make, and color me shocked when it does just that.

Please tell me you have other examples that turned you off to Audi other than the S4.

He has a point. I have a B5 S4 and love the thing to death, but it is also the LEAST driven out of the three cars I have that are daily driveable. I will say it's treated me better than a 1G DSM though.

I am proud of you and I hope I can make a similar thread very soon. You can spray that motor pretty well and there are some great swaps for it if you decide to keep it.

I'll swear off VAG for life. My German car fascination is Porsche, and that is all. I respect the Audi cars, but never again to I ever want another car I cannot figure out/work on myself. I kick myself every day for not sticking with URABUS. If it doesn't have a warranty I wouldn't consider it. Even then, it will most likely have problems so you better have a backup.

I tried VAG, paid my dues, said fuck a Kraut-mobile and will soon be moving on.

http://i46.tinypic.com/20qantj.gif

He has a point. I have a B5 S4 and love the thing to death, but it is also the LEAST driven out of the three cars I have that are daily driveable. I will say it's treated me better than a 1G DSM though.

Car looked good with the new wheels. Never was big on the other 17" ones you had on there from the MKIV.

I have owned one VW and it wasn't super reliable, either. Definitely no B5 S4, though. I knew going in there were potential problems with the S4. However, make no mistake the car failed because of Audi's inherent design flaw, not because it was highly modified. At first I blamed the modifications, but in the end it was Audi's infinite wisdom that caused the issues that made the car FAIL. I have friends who own or have owned Audi's and had issues as well. Not nearly modified enough to get out of their own way, though. Read: very near stock, stage 1 or less.

There is no doubt that if I wanted to get into a wreck with a large, heavy object and live, there is no doubt in my mind that I would want to be in a b5 or big body benz. I survived a severe wreck in a Subaru vs a pcp'd fool on a crotch rocket and it held up like a champ, too.

Every time I look around I see someone with an Audi having problems. I have been a member of vortex for years and have scanned through those threads on occasion and have seen nothing but issues for anything other than stock VAGs. I also see daily issues every time I logged into Audizine. I'm not knocking the people owning the cars, I'm knocking the cars. Their not for me and I am certainly not for them and I'm more than ok with that.

I have owned one VW and it wasn't super reliable, either. Definitely no B5 S4, though. I knew going in there were potential problems with the S4. However, make no mistake the car failed because of Audi's inherent design flaw, not because it was highly modified. At first I blamed the modifications, but in the end it was Audi's infinite wisdom that caused the issues that made the car FAIL. I have friends who own or have owned Audi's and had issues as well. Not nearly modified enough to get out of their own way, though. Read: very near stock, stage 1 or less.

There is no doubt that if I wanted to get into a wreck with a large, heavy object and live, there is no doubt in my mind that I would want to be in a b5 or big body benz. I survived a severe wreck in a Subaru vs a pcp'd fool on a crotch rocket and it held up like a champ, too.

Every time I look around I see someone with an Audi having problems. I have been a member of vortex for years and have scanned through those threads on occasion and have seen nothing but issues for anything other than stock VAGs. I also see daily issues every time I logged into Audizine. I'm not knocking the people owning the cars, I'm knocking the cars. Their not for me and I am certainly not for them and I'm more than ok with that.

As I am sure you are aware, the general forums are all riddled with problems, regardless of the car. BMW, Merc, Chevy, Toyota, Audi, Honda etc.

It is completely reasonable to not love the cars, and not want to buy one. I just can't relate to them being unreliable, but you can.

It really depends on the model, as with any car. Pick them wisely, and you will be rewarded.

I will continue to be a VAG lover, until they stop producing a car I want to buy, for the price I am willing to pay. At that point, I will buy something else. Haven't had that problem yet. Although, the CTS V and corvette are about the only cars that have come close.

just stopping in to point out that my daily driver B5 is about to pass 190k miles, stock turbo, chipped since 52k miles, starts, runs drives just fine every single day. Raraely gives me issues. Every car has their faults but really other than standard wear items and a couple of coil packs (it is an early 99 when the design wasn't great) it's been an outstanding car.

...and did anyone notice that the OP bought a 300zx. Nice car, enjoy it.

just stopping in to point out that my daily driver B5 is about to pass 190k miles, stock turbo, chipped since 52k miles, starts, runs drives just fine every single day. Raraely gives me issues. Every car has their faults but really other than standard wear items and a couple of coil packs (it is an early 99 when the design wasn't great) it's been an outstanding car.

...and did anyone notice that the OP bought a 300zx. Nice car, enjoy it.

Thank you. And just to clear the air here. I DID love my b5. It was an awesome car, it was super comfortable all year round, and if I had the money to throw at it; I would have kept it. I got rid of it because the thing needed around $1700 put into it, just to make it run right.

Audi's are awesome, you just have to take care of them; like with any car.

This 300zx is a car I've always wanted, and I honestly am glad its not a TT. I wanted a car that would look cool and that I could have some fun in. I did research and found people have as many problems with those TT's as I did with my audi. This car feels pretty solid, and I feel like I could rely on it.

I just found out the rear main is leaking, so I have a winter project, but it will cost a hell of a lot less than fixing my audi would. I had probably 4k total into the audi, and didn't want to pay a penny more. I'm not going to try to modify my 300zx to a 500hp n/a, that would just be a waste of money. I feel like I made out in this deal, and I know I can sell it in the spring and definitely profit.