Fastest street cars of 1992

Linn1647545492

9 sec nova from lancaster ohio thats kinda cool being in the 92 shootout haha

Jeff Dean was a good friend of mine up until I got married and moved away from Lancaster. He had nitrous bottles hid everywhere in that Nova. Him and a guy from Carroll I believe his name was Jeff Stepleton with a red 66 Nova we're the kings of Lancaster back then. I watched both of them kill GSXR1100's as well as other fast cars and bikes out on Collins Rd back in 1992. Jeff taught me how to race at the rip old age of 18.

Guys I am glad that you remember those days.

If you dig a little deeper you will see that the Hot Rod Shootout was held in conjunction with the NMCA.

The NMCA was owed by Comp Cams and I was the man that Directed it all.

Now I race Turbo Mini Vans

Go Figure !!!!!!!!

Chuck Green

Guys I am glad that you remember those days.

If you dig a little deeper you will see that the Hot Rod Shootout was held in conjunction with the NMCA.

The NMCA was owed by Comp Cams and I was the man that Directed it all.

Now I race Turbo Mini Vans

Go Figure !!!!!!!!

Chuck Green

Chuck you probably remember Dave Ward then. He was a Sales Rep for Comp back then and I worked at Jegs with Jeff so we were caught up in a lot of that as well. We had 10 and 11 sec street cars at that time so Jeff and those guys were the big dogs. We didnt start really being able to hang with those guys until about 2 or 3 years later. Then we were in the EZ Street battles with Gary Rowe when he was running in the 8's in that class when NSCA came in. We were right on the cusp at around 9.12 with a 383 on spray in a full interior 70 Nova. Hell the door buzzer still even worked in that car. :) We used to call that motor the Grenade, but it flew. We melted it down so many times before we got the NOS right HA HA HA. Those were the days.