Battery relocation

starkmaster03

I'm relocating the battery to the rear in the Trans Am and trying to see if anyone of all these f-body guys knows of a sealed and vented box for the battery that fits in the spare tire well. I have an optima battery and thought that I could go with a BMR style box but that doesn't seem to be the approved way at the track.

must be securely mounted and may not be relocated into the driver or passenger compartments. Rear firewall of .024-inch (.6 mm) steel or .032-inch (.8 mm) aluminum (including package tray) required when battery is re-located in trunk. In lieu of rear firewall, battery may be located in a sealed .024-inch (.6 mm) or .032-inch (.8 mm) aluminum, or FIA accepted poly box. If sealed box is used in lieu of rear firewall, box may not be used to secure battery, and must be vented outside of body. Strapping tape prohibited. A maximum of two automobile batteries, or 150 pounds (68 kg) combined maximum weight (unless otherwise specified in Class Requirements) is permitted. Metal battery hold-down straps mandatory. Hold-down bolts must be minimum 3/8-inch (9.53 mm) if battery is relocated from stock and other than stock hold-downs are used ("J" hooks prohibited or must have open end welded shut.).

I was half right

you sir will have to have a box

but if you have a firewall you are not required to just an FYI for all those who think diff