LSX Shootout, Worlds Fastest Corvette title and 2nd in Outlaw Drag Radial

atomicfusion1647545515

Thank to everyone involved this weekend!

The guys from IPS came out and supported in full force.

I couldn't have gone as far as I did or accomplished all we did without their help.

Tommy, Eric, and Jeff from IPS and Mike (friend and body guy) all supported in the pits and I appriciate every bit of it.

Also Special thanks to RPM Transmissions, Drive Shaft shop, Pfadt, Livernois, Callies, Simpson, and IPSMotorsports for thier support. Without these quality vendors, my corvette would not be as fast and safe as it is today.

Final results were 2nd place overall in the Outlaw Drag radial class (fastest class at the LSX Shootout)

Over all we took home:

1st place -- Fastest Corvette in the world, winner of Plaque, Jacket, and of course some money

2nd place-- Drag Radial Class, winner of plaque, jacket, and a bit more money

We lost 8.2 to LMR's Twin 88mm Firebird's 7.8 in the Drag radial finals. Not bad for our second event with the new setup. Next year should hold some bigger and better things.

My car ran very consistantly with the passes being 8.17, 8.17, 8.24, 8.15, and an 8.25 in the finals against the LMR Firebird.

I'm not making any promises, but we know it is possible now... we are just trying to decide if we want to do it.

IMO we are a cam away from high 7's as it sits now. Some weight savings wouldn't hurt (We were 250+ lbs heavy for the DR Class) and then it will come down to whether or not we decide to upgrade the turbo and really run some boost :)

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...