GTR vs 03 Cobra

Linn1647545492

Your car runs well and that has to be one of the worst running cobras i've ever seen. I mean at least Dovers car running a 13.0 still trapped 130 so you know it was making good power.

It helps to drive the crap out of them. Most of the "better running one's", i.e. mine and Cory's, are running well due to driving them hard. Cooling them down properly helps a lot as well. Once they hit a certain IAT they just pull timing and they won't perform like the dyno #'s say they should. The IRS in them is a pain in the ass as well. For my purposes with the car, I love the solid axle. If I would try and slip it out like I have been lately when I had the IRS, I would be pushing the car off of the track. Trust me, I had to do that once. Bottom line is that no matter what the car is, if the driver doesn't have the experience or ability to make that power matter, the car won't perform. If that car made 750 wheel it should have pulled that GTR hard. At 750 the car should go in the 140+ range and the GTR was going high 120s. That's a big difference.

The mustang had a MUCH better take off, yet the Nissan prevails! If the Nissan had a driver mod the cobra would have REALLLLLY got it's ass handed to it. Wonder how much money dude had in the cobra. With a fully built motor etc... it had to be close to what the guy paid for the GTR. the GTR had minor mods.

both sweet cars though!

The mustang had a MUCH better take off, yet the Nissan prevails! If the Nissan had a driver mod the cobra would have REALLLLLY got it's ass handed to it.

That GTR cuts 1.64 60' which out launched the Cobra. It is also cutting the best 60' in the country on stock run flats. GTR has a good driver and it's hard to miss a shift with an automatic.

Time Slips

First Race

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g173/sfadchi/Time%20Slips/ChrisvsFrank/CvF1.jpg

Second Race

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g173/sfadchi/Time%20Slips/ChrisvsFrank/CvF2.jpg

Third Race (Testing a new LC Map, the thing wheel hopped like crazy!)

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g173/sfadchi/Time%20Slips/ChrisvsFrank/CvF3.jpg

Your car runs well and that has to be one of the worst running cobras i've ever seen. I mean at least Dovers car running a 13.0 still trapped 130 so you know it was making good power.

I made that pass on bone stock everything but the turbo kit on low boost (13psi) making 600ish/550ish. Also I had a 2.3-2.4 60ft!!!

oh. ok, the slips make more sense.

do you know how much $$ dude had in the cobra?

depends on how many times he's had to do things, and what he started with (stock new car, or modded car, etc).

when i go automatic later this fall, i'll have around $45k in my cobra---that's $31k purchase price brand new in '04, and roughly $14k in mods (big blower, solid rear, automatic, and all the other shit plus tuning, etc.). that's not a ton, but i did all the work myself (except the solid rear/auto).

if you look hard, you can find a 700rwhp big blower cobra with a built motor, just like the one on the video, for under $30k, that's been done correctly. that was over a year ago when i used to look a the classifieds on svtperformance--i'm sure the prices have gone down further

I guess he is claiming the car was heat soaked and his missed a gear.

It does pull timing, but even then he is still making 650+. Kid shouldn't have jumped into a high horsepower car and expected everything to go well. I wonder what he drove before this?

shits junk I am about to make a post on svtperformance calling this dipshit out

Did some work for you. Here's the thread as posted by the GTR owner who previously owned a 9 second GT500 http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/road-kill-drive-thru-34/728970-gtr-vs-cobra-round-2-a.html

Looks like everyone else is laughing too.

that's why i've got a killer chiller on my car. basically a heat exchanger powered by the air conditioning that cools my intercooler fluid. even in the heat of summer, my intercooler fluid is 50-60 degrees. nothing beats rolling to the line at the strip with the air conditioning on max. keeps the inlet air temps around 110-120 at most, and usually under 100 while cruising. anyone who's driven a cobra knows how hard they pull when they're just warming up--this makes the car pull that hard even when you've been driving it for a while.

i put it on my car when i lived in tampa, specifically because it was so damn hot there. it works great. only downside is that the a/c was not as cool in the car, but not a huge difference. definitely worth getting---it even runs cooler with the stock heat exchanger than with an aftermarket one. you should be able to leave your a/c on at the track---mine will not leak condensation now, and the a/c pump shuts off at WOT. i permanently leave the a/c on