Droid for at&t

MackDaddy43

Well any CDMA phone is not going to work on AT&T, so you want GSM phones. In the US that means that it's either get a phone that was released on AT&T, or get an unlocked T-Mobile android. T-Mobile androids will not get 3G on AT&T, the Nexus is really your best bet for many reasons. It's the developer phone, and it's Google's phone, so it gets extra attention.

Check out the HTC Aria, it's on AT&T and its cheap. Not sure how much developer and cook backing it gets though.

The G1 and MyTouch phones still get a lot of backing too from developers and cooks, but those wont get 3G on AT&T.

Well any CDMA phone is not going to work on AT&T, so you want GSM phones. In the US that means that it's either get a phone that was released on AT&T, or get an unlocked T-Mobile android. T-Mobile androids will not get 3G on AT&T, the Nexus is really your best bet for many reasons. It's the developer phone, and it's Google's phone, so it gets extra attention.

Check out the HTC Aria, it's on AT&T and its cheap. Not sure how much developer backing it gets though.

So an unlocked Motorola droid wont work? I thought they were dual band on verizons world network?

I had an unlocked storm before, thats why i ask.

So an unlocked Motorola droid wont work? I thought they were dual band on verizons world network?

I had an unlocked storm before, thats why i ask.

No it will not, has to be the milestone from europe like mudflaps said, if you can find one with the same 3G bandwidth as AT&T it will work.

You're confusing "Android" and "Droid". Android is the name of Google's smart phone OS. Droid is the marketing name licensed from George Lucas for Verizon's line of Android powered smart phones. Currently none of the Verizon Droid phones will work on AT&T. AT&T's Android phones include: HTC Aria, Motorola Backflip (garbage), Sony Ericson Xperia X10 (obsolete), and the Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (easily the best of the 4).

I would check out the Samsung Captivate, it is a really awesome phone that runs Android 2.1 update 1. It is the closest phone I have seen to the Droid X on an At&t network and it has a really awesome screen too.

dot

You're confusing "Android" and "Droid". Android is the name of Google's smart phone OS. Droid is the marketing name licensed from George Lucas for Verizon's line of Android powered smart phones. Currently none of the Verizon Droid phones will work on AT&T. AT&T's Android phones include: HTC Aria, Motorola Backflip (garbage), Sony Ericson Xperia X10 (obsolete), and the Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (easily the best of the 4).

:thumbup:

Nice post! I keep getting confused when I see "Droid" in the title and then see the thread is something else.