So the nightmare begin!!

Forrest Gump 9

playing devils advocate, we had 3 defensive td's. wisconsins time of possession was 43min vs osu's 17min. held to 184 total yards with only 87 in the air....

now TP has improved greatly, but our o line has not and that will be the key to our win or loss.

vegas has us winning but with a spread of only 3.5

/quote]

Blame it on the O-line or lack there of. Good god they are fucking terrible. Probablly one of the most over hyped offensive lines I have ever seen, Shugarts, Adams, Brewster were all 5 stars in highschool, pretty sure Boren was a 5 star and Browning was a solid 4...all of them looked like jr high linemen tonight. How many whiffs can one offensive line have, they got man handled tonight plain and simple. Its time for some coaching changes. Hire an offensive coordinator because Tressell sucks at it, get a better o-line coach because outside of Nick Mangold they haven't developed one fucking lineman in 10 years, oh yeah lets not forget about our unspecial special teams.

saw it in person---yeah it sucked bigtime having all those people around you chant overrated, and taunt you from the opening kickoff to the final whistle. my wife almost got into a fight with some whale sitting in front of us. it was an unpleasant experience to say the least

now i have to hear shit all week at work, the gym, etc.

I wouldn't put it on the OL. They gave Pryor years on a lot of his dropbacks and we ran it down Wisconsin's throats for our 2 TD drives. We should have mixed some runs in on that first drive. Of course, I guess that's hard when Pryor pitches an option about a half a foot above Herron's head and he has to knock it out of bounds for a 13 yard loss which puts you in 2nd and 23. Watt played amazingly and beasted a TE for one of his sacks then Shugarts and Adams both had a whiff a piece but other than that the OL wasn't nearly as bad as, and I never thought I'd be saying this, the DL. Our DL is built for speed, spread teams now and Wisconsin, who happens to have the best OL in the country, moved them wherever they wanted to last night. I've never seen a Tressel team get dominated in the run game like they were last night. Hart did some nice things against OSU in 2006, Perry in 2003 but not like last night. Against power teams I'd really like to see Cam Heyward, Dexter Larimore, John Hankins and John Simon from right to left on that DL. Simon is too small to play inside against teams like Wisconsin and Iowa. Larimore is around 300, Hankins is 330... those are the guys we need in the middle. Not 265-270lb. Simon.

And the overrated chant is awesome... they might as well go out there and chant...

"WE JUST BEAT YOU BUT YOU WEREN'T THAT GOOD ANYWAYS SO IT'S NOT AS BIG OF A DEAL AS WE'RE MAKING IT OUT TO BE WAIT WHY ARE WE CHANTING THIS?!"

I love it.

I've never seen a Tressel team get dominated in the run game like they were last night. .

think back to when illinois beat us and we were ranked #1 at the time---i think it was 2007?? their quarterback ran it down our throats just like last night.

I guess what I meant was I've never seen them dominated with the power run game. Illinois gave us trouble with the read option (where our guys were too worried about the edges after some big plays then let Juice keep up the middle in the 4th for like a 9 minute drive).

No one has ever been able to just line up against our defense and ram it down our throats with a traditional, straight ahead running game. That was awful and completely unexpected even knowing Wisconsin's OL was elite.

I guess what I meant was I've never seen them dominated with the power run game. Illinois gave us trouble with the read option (where our guys were too worried about the edges after some big plays then let Juice keep up the middle in the 4th for like a 9 minute drive).

No one has ever been able to just line up against our defense and ram it down our throats with a traditional, straight ahead running game. That was awful and completely unexpected even knowing Wisconsin's OL was elite.

yep, that was the drive i was talking about---i remember it was about 9 minutes out of the 4th quarter.

OSU's line has 4 5 starts and a 4 star on it...Wisconsin has 3 1 stars, a 2 star and a 3 star....what does that say about OSU's coaching staff? I have said this over and over on other forums and to buddies during discussion, Tressell's ego will never allow him to win another NCG. He will not fire his buddy Bollman, he will not hire an offensive coordinator and will not hire a special teams coach. Until those things are changed, don't expect greatness from OSU, just expect "good enough"

what does that say about OSU's coaching staff?

Not a whole lot. Stars mean nothing.

Nick Mangold was unranked on Scout or Rivals (forget which) coming out of high school, was a 1st round pick and many say is the best center in the NFL. What does that say about Bollman?

Umm Mangold was a 3 star....just saying. Mangold is the only OSU lineman to actually do something, I think that says something about the coaching. I am not a believer in the star rankings myself, I am more interested in a kids offer list. That to me says way more then what some guy giving players stars does. All the guys on OSU's line were highly recruited, most the guys on Wisky's were not, that comes down to coaching, which OSU lacks from an offensive line standpoint.

Do some research and you'll find that scout actually messed up their rankings for Mangold. Anyways again the star rankings don't mean shit, in fact Jamall Berry went from a 5 start to a 4 star after committing to OSU last year on either Rivals or Scout. I still say it comes down to coaching and tOSU lacks it on the offensive line.