O-H

03spydr

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take back what I said. Tressel has no choice but to play this way to stop Pryor from losing the game. Its not the coach its the quarterback. Looking at the loses its bad executuion on good plays that force hhim to be conserative.

The kid is still a kid.

I wish he was more consistent. I'd still rather have him then play against him but one day he looks like NFL material then the following week he looks terrible.

Who do you recommend we replace him with? Ya know, since he's holding us back and all.

Mack Brown: 81.9% of games won. 66.7% in bowl games. 1 NCG.

Pete Carroll: 81.4% of games won. 77.8% in bowl games. 2 NCG.

Nick Saban: 81.3% of games won. 66.7% in bowl games. 1 NCG.

Bob Stoops: 81% of games won. 45.5% in bowl games. 1 NCG.

Urban Meyer: 82.4% of games won. 80% in bowl games. 2 NCG.

Joe Paterno: 74.6% of games won. 66.7% in bowl games. 2 NCG.

Bobby Bowden: 75.2% of games won. 65% in bowl games. 2 NCG.

'Bear' Bryant: 81% of games won. 50% in bowl games. 4 NCG.

Knute Rockne: 86.1% of games won. 3 NCG.

(Now to compare to past OSU coaches which were heralded)

Woody: 74.3% of games won. 45.5% in bowl games. 3 NCG.

Bruce: 75% of games won. 62.5% in bowl games. 0 NCG.

Cooper: 70.3% of games won. 27% in bowl games. 0 NCG.

Tressel: 82.6% of games won. 55.6% in bowl games. 1 NCG.

All stats taken from current or most recent schools coached at.

So, with only one of the other great coaches mentioned having a better winning percentage than Tressel I'm interested to see you back your claim statistically that Tressel is "holding us back."

EDIT: I love how we lose one game and everyone seems to go on a witch hunt. Happens every year. Have you ever thought that we, as fans, set unrealistic goals for both players and coaches?

problem is trussels wins are against an easy schedule.

he needed to adjust in the first half of the game, kept trying to run the ball up the middle and got killed by W.

and couldnt stop W's drives up the middle which they did again and again.

he finally adjusted a bit in the second half, when the other team was tired, but by that time it was to late.

Trussel ball might get you to a bowl game, but wont win a championship.

I love it when people get presented with fact then can't back their reasoning and fall into the same arguement the talking head have thrown at us for years. PLEASE don't make me post EVERY cupcake the other coaches played and what they ranked at the time they played them because I will.

problem is trussels wins are against an easy schedule.

Orly? Significant wins by season:

2001: Michigan. First year and he publicly declared he'd bring us a victory IN the Big House. Remember, this was coming in fresh from the Cooper era who couldn't beat UM with a ball bat.

2002: Texas Tech, #10 Washington State, #17 Penn State, #19 Minnesota, #12 UM, and let's not forget #1 Miami making him the first coach to go 14-0.

2003: #17 Washington, #24 NCState, #9 Iowa, #14 MSU, #10 Purdue, #10 Kansas State. Yup...this season was LOADED with cupcakes.

2004: #7 UM...when we were unranked and with 4 close losses (save Iowa) already that season.

2005: #21 Iowa, #17 MSU, #22 Minnesota, #17 UM, #6 Notre Dame,

2006: #2 Texas, #13 Iowa, #2 Michigan (The Game of the Century).

2007: #20 Purdue, #25 Penn State, #19 Wisconsin, #23 UM.

2008: #17 Wisconsin, #17 MSU, #24 Northwestern.

2009: #25 Wisky, #10 PSU, #13 Iowa, #7 Oregon winning us the Rose Bowl.

2010: #12 Miami

Again, if you're gonna talk about the bad, please don't Fox News it and talk about the good. Be even in your stance. I could EASILY find a CRAP ton of cupcakes over the years in ALL of the other coacehs schedules. Some even lower than we've played. We don't really dip into (what is now) the FBS but many coaches do. That is a terrible stance to take, but have fun trying to stand there.

he needed to adjust in the first half of the game, kept trying to run the ball up the middle and got killed by W.

and couldnt stop W's drives up the middle which they did again and again.

he finally adjusted a bit in the second half, when the other team was tired, but by that time it was to late.

Trussel ball might get you to a bowl game, but wont win a championship.

HE ALREADY WON A CHAMPIONSHIP. You're sheer lack of fact and opinionated arguements is mind boggling. Proof is shown that he is as good as some of the absolute, unarguably best coaches in NCAA history and you still say he isn't good enough. Hilarious. :)

Thank you for making my morning. I'll just leave the facts stand here and wait for you to say the same thing...Tressel plays cupcakes and all the other coaches only play top 10 ranked teams every week of their career.